New Iron Man Trailer

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by phungy, Sep 10, 2007.

1. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

From Apple's site.

Quicktime isn't working for me. Can anyone else view it fine?

2. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

It look's bloody terrible. You're lucky that your QuickTime isn't working! :p

3. CortexRock macrumors 6502

Gets about half way through then hangs for me... either downloading to QT or streaming through the site... :(

Tried streaming the small size - worked ok-ish. How many more films are going to use 'Hey Man, Nice Shot' by Filter in their trailers!

And also, who is doing that horrible cover of Black Sabbath's Iron Man? Why couldn't they use the original?

4. Unspeaked macrumors 68020

Unspeaked

All the more reason to think it'll gross $200 million plus...

5. redAPPLE macrumors 68030

redAPPLE

i haven't seen the whole trailer, but the iron man until 1:24 seemed just so klunky... like frankenstein...

edit: obviously the iron man arount 1:24 was the release candidate 1, because a much sleeker one appeared later in the trailer.

6. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

so an even worse done robo cop type movie?
    (i know what iron man is and all that, it just looks that way)

7. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

Depressing isn't it?

8. mcarnes macrumors 68000

mcarnes

I kind of wish they had picked someone else. RDJ just doesn't seem like Tony Stark to me. But I dunno, maybe he'll surprise me and pull it off.

9. william sire macrumors regular

william sire

I finally saw the trailer after switching to the smallest version of the previews. It's not to impressive. In fact it doesn't look that good at all. I would say another box office flop from this.

10. Unspeaked macrumors 68020

Unspeaked

Yeah, I never got the hype behind this film myself. Iron Man has always seemed like a really marginal Marvel title - a third tier hero who Marvel insists on treating like a star.

I think the only reason this has the buzz it does is because of the Cival War comics, and I think the buzz will die quickly once people see how boring the character is.

It's another Fantastic Four, make $50 on opening weekend and $10 million the next 2 months combined type movie...

11. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

That looks like total garbage. Ironman looks like something out of a bad 50s sci-fi movie.

12. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

ive found recently, sucky trailers make excellent movies and awesome movies have sucky trailers, cept for transformers, both the trailers and the movie was awesome, but see Spidy 3, pirates 2, 3 et. al.

13. CortexRock macrumors 6502

{slightly off-topic} Is it just me, or does Hollywood have a hard-on for the latest military hardware?

Transformers and now Iron Man, both featuring F-22 Raptors, Die Hard 4 with F-35 Lightning 2...{/slightly off-topic}

I think it looks like fun - but it's definitely a fire-and-forget popcorn movie, like F4:RoTSS and most other new superhero fare.

14. kainjow Moderator emeritus

kainjow

Exactly. Especially with comedies. The trailer has all the funny lines, and the movie has nothing left over to laugh at.

15. Jasonbot macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

Damn! That movie looked so cool! Especially when they played the relevant Black Sabbath song. But sadly it seems like most other marvel movie plots: Superhero gets created,
    government thinks that it poses a threat and tries to destroy it,
    Superhero faces off with arch nemesis ad saves the day

16. Unspeaked macrumors 68020

Unspeaked

There's some *really* good bits in "This Film is Not Yet Rated" that talks a little aboutt he Hollywood/US Military relationship - I highly recommend it!

17. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

Going to have to view it when I get home.

I think RDJ is actually a pretty good choice, if you know Stark's character as a troubled individual with an alcohol problem. I can't really think of who else I would cast in the role, but I'm not much of an Iron Man fan.

However, after the bastardization of Spider-man, the Fantastic Four, Hulk, Daredevil and to a lesser extent Blade, I have very little faith in the movies. DC seems to be the only one who can make the occassional relatively faithful film adaptation of popular comic franchises.

18. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

call me crazy, but i kind of liked the trailer. :eek:

19. iToaster macrumors 68000

iToaster

It doesn't seem too bad really. I find that even if the movie seems bad, if I'm interested I'll see it and most likely like it (awkward sounding). Besides, it's not Iron Man without Black Sabbath!

20. mcarnes macrumors 68000

mcarnes

:p You obviously have never witnessed Superman as he truly was in the beginning.

21. crazycat macrumors 65816

crazycat

That movies looks soooooo bad, even the robots in battlestar galactic look much nicer. What was the budget on the movie, 10 million?

22. user13 macrumors regular

user13

Well, I also did!:)

23. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

I like RDJ as an actor -- I think he's a reasonable choice to play Stark. And the costume is kinda neat-looking. But that's about all I saw to like in the trailer, and that's probably not enough to carry the movie.

24. phungy thread starter macrumors 68020

phungy

25. jamesarm97 macrumors 65816

At first when I watched it and it showed iron man I though it looked like crap, but I then realized that it was just his first suit and it looks like he makes at least two more different models that get better each time (towards the end of the trailer).