New iskin fuze case for iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by i3igsmooth5769, Jun 9, 2008.

1. i3igsmooth5769 macrumors 6502a

i3igsmooth5769

2. ~*allison*~ macrumors regular

Looks nice. If anyone tries it, I wouldn't mind seeing some actual pictures. Not just the stock photos from the website. Wonder if they'll make one to fit the 3g when it finally gets released.

3. richxps macrumors 65816

richxps

this looks really nice, i would love to see it before i order.

4. i3igsmooth5769 thread starter macrumors 6502a

i3igsmooth5769

yea it says on their website that its coming out for the 3g soon. Ive called a few apple stores but they dont carry yet....think i'll have to order it through iskins website

5. richxps macrumors 65816

richxps

I would think the apple stores would have these already. How long would it take for them to have this case ?
    What do you guys think of the case so far by the looks ? Wonder if there will be any type of gap betweeen the front and back cover ? Wonder if it makes the phone bulky ??
    Any thoughts ??

6. i3igsmooth5769 thread starter macrumors 6502a

i3igsmooth5769

well i just received my iskin fuze in the mail....sadly enough, i was dissapointed. Ive been very satisfied with iskin's products up to date. have an iskin duo for my ipod nano 3rd generation and that thing is awesome. currently have a revo on my iphone. although its the only case ive tried it protects it so well. my phone still looks brand new with no scratches whatsoever and ive had it since jan.

Anyway, the fuze case looks real cheap. the inside part looks like it was spray painted black and actually smells like spray paint!! the thing is kind of difficult to snap on to the phone, which i guess is good because it keeps it secure but u may scratch ur phone just trying to put the case on. anyway im feeling a lil dizzy from the paint fumes LoL

BTW i'll try and post pics later

7. richxps macrumors 65816

richxps

great, i will not be getting that iskin than.. i actaully just got the Vaja retro slim pouch for the iphone. i really dont like it so i think im going to sell it since i cant return it. 45 bucks, im glad it was not the 90 dollar one.
    I guess im going to stick with my shieldzone and incase folio for now.

8. richxps macrumors 65816

richxps

i3igsmooth5769 can you post some pics of the fuze ?
    If you cant you can email them to me at richxps@gmail.com

Thanks

9. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

Those two piece, clamp-on cases have the tendency to just pop off if you drop the iPhone... I had the Seido Super Slim and saw that happen a couple times.

10. richxps macrumors 65816

richxps

I just wish i can find a decent holster type case. im not happy with the Vaja Slim case.... I actually seen a leather case at the apple store called Diesel.. But it was brown and i want it in black and cannot find it at all... I might end up just sticking my phone in the pocket or ipod slip case

11. richxps macrumors 65816

richxps

12. Spankey macrumors 6502a

So far no. Even the one person who says he has it, has been reluctant to post anything. Makes me believe that no one has it yet.

13. TsuaSai macrumors 6502

I am wanting a new case and love my revo. But I don't want to spend that much money with out seeing/ hearing it on here first...

Maybe everyone should paypal me a dollar ill get it and review it ;)

14. vespagirl macrumors regular

vespagirl

I got my iSkin Fuze yesterday and was a little disappointed. I love iSkin products, have a Revo and clip that I use quite often, and I was looking forward to this case. I'm giving it another 24 hours before I decide if I'm going to keep it.
    Pros:
    -Rubberized finish is smooth and doesn't attract particles
    -Doesn't add bulk to phone and edges have a nice feel
    -So far seems like it will offer solid protect from drops

Cons:
    -Top part of the front piece has a tiny gap and it's just enough to irritate me. A bit of a poor fit compared to the bottom portion of that piece.
    -Screen protector took me about 30 mins to get placed and I still have bubbles in the corner
    -Silver paint application is really poor; look at the silver along the screen recess
    -That screen recess feels too deep to me and makes texting awkward, but it may take getting used to since my last case had a completely flat top surface over the screen.

I won't be quitting my day job anytime soon to photograph product beauty shots. That said, here are my pics:

Attached Files:

15. TsuaSai macrumors 6502

Wow for 40 bucks it looks pretty poor. That gap up top would drive me crazy too. Thanks for the pics!

16. Spankey macrumors 6502a

Looks like I'm going to pass. Invisible Shield should be good enough to cover the screen. The iskin protector is complete junk. I really don't like the fit if anything. The gaps are unacceptable. Not for that money. Oh well...

17. TsuaSai macrumors 6502

They sure to make it look sharp on the website...

18. vespagirl macrumors regular

vespagirl

Yeah, they do. Especially that "layered technology" image and "how it stacks up." Very deceiving. :(

19. AMach macrumors newbie

Vespagirl, have you tried pressing on the case harder? Did you put the outside case on from the top part first? I'm sure there's a reason why it doesn't fit...

I was really set on getting the Fuze for my iPhone. I really want a case that looks nice, but still protects the phone if it gets dropped. If the Fuze is really how Vespagirl described, then I think I might just get an InvisibleSHIELD with another case..

20. vespagirl macrumors regular

vespagirl

Yes, I did. In fact, I am back on this thread to report that after having it on there for a few days, the fit is perfect. I also went back to the iSkin website to look at the gallery again because I wanted to see closeups of that top portion. The fit in their own photo shows the tiniest of gaps, much smaller than what I had initially. I was this close to sending it back and decided to wait a day and I'm glad I did. I wandered into the FAQ and saw that the screen protector can be washed and put back on. I washed it, let it dry, and put it back on with no bubbles or particles on the screen. So two of my issues...resolved. I do love the way it feels in my hands with the rubberized and have no fear my phone is protected.

Essentially, I'm happy with it now, keeping it, and I suggest iSkin fans...check it out. May not be to everyone's taste and needs to be broken in, so to speak.

21. Kristianatiskin macrumors member

Greetings from iSkin

Good evening everyone,

My name is Kristian Ward - Marketing Manager for iSkin. You may be surprised to see a post from a member of the iSkin Team on the board but we are always looking to become more engaged with you our customers so what better way. We have always monitored these places where you all communicate for its the best place to know where we can do better and how we are really doing in your eyes.

So for all of you who have purchased our products we thank you and appreciate your business and ongoing support of the iSkin Brand.

The reason I am choosing this particular post to start with is that I'd like to help where I can here. It seems that there is a question of the quality of iSkin's Fuze. First I have to apologize that your particular Case is not fitting and meeting your expectations. What I'd like to do is exchange your case for another one right away. At the end of this email I will be posting all my contact info for everyone to have and welcome your emails or IM's anytime. If you have anything you'd like to share concerns, compliments/complaints etc. It is part of my job to field all of this input and share with my team to continually do better for you guys!

Second I wanted to show the readers of this post that the fitting issue is not always the case with every case and that we take the quality of our products very seriously. So I'm posting some pictures of my iPhone protected by the iSkin Fuze.

As you can see there is not the gap that is with the case listed originally here. But again I'm here show that iSkin Cares and is always here to help you our customer. So I ask anyone who is having this issue with their iSkin Fuze to contact me directly and I will work with our customer service team to help you right away.

After finishing this I just noticed that you indeed got your case to fit and solve your issues. I'm glad for this. Please still take note of my information and if you ever have any issues my self and my team are here to help anytime.

I look forward to hearing from you all.

Thank you

Kristian Ward
    Marketing Manager
    iSkin Inc.
    2225 Sheppard Ave. E, Suite#1203
    Toronto, ON M2J 5C2
    Canada

Tel: 416-924-9607 ext 244
    Fax: 416-924-7731
    Web: www.iSkin.com
    Email: kristian@iskin.com
    Skype ID: kristianaward
    MSN: kristianaward@hotmail.com
    Yahoo!: wardkristian
    AOL: iskinkristian
    Gtalk: ward.kristian

Attached Files:

22. ChrisN macrumors 65816

ChrisN

when that comes out i am SOOO getting it. Looks sick.

ChrisN

23. ChrisN macrumors 65816

ChrisN

Just wondering, is there anyplace i can get it not online?

ChrisN

24. AMach macrumors newbie

I'm wondering the same thing... $10 for shipping is a little much for a case, in my opinion...

25. Kristianatiskin macrumors member

Hey Everyone,

Right now the only place to get the Fuze is online. The Apple Store has not yet picked this item up yet for retail.

We do offer free shipping over $75.00 so if you got the Fuze + revoclip and the iSkin XLR's or X1's wed be picking up the tab on your shipping. Not sure if you guys knew about that.

Thanks

Kristian