New Jailbreak Delay Reason

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by legaleye3000, Apr 7, 2010.

1. legaleye3000 macrumors 65816

I wonder if its already done and they're waiting for either 4.0 announcement or release, or if its not yet done and polished...

2. legaleye3000 thread starter macrumors 65816

Well yea, they have root access, but is the actual jailbreaking app (blackra1n, pwnage, etc.) done...? Also, is an iPad Cydia version done yet?

I'm just wondering if the reason for the delay in releasing it is what I just mentioned or if they're waiting for the new OS 4.0 to be announced or released...

Just speculation while waiting for it... :)

3. terraphantm macrumors 68040

I think they're waiting 'til a new OS to be released before releasing anything. I think it kinda sucks since they're sitting on two exploits; it'd be nice if they released one of them right now for all of us who are stuck at 3.1.3 for whatever reason. But, I didn't develop the jb, so it's not my place to dictate release dates.

4. labman macrumors 604

labman

is it just me

or did TS answer his own question!

5. legaleye3000 thread starter macrumors 65816

An iPad jailbreak now would be nice :) Apple is only announcing it tomorrow meaning, if they are holding out on us until the new OS is released, it could be when its released sometime over the summer :(

6. iphonegeek786 macrumors 6502

iphonegeek786

I would definitely wait for the new OS. I am sorry for those of you with 3.1.3, but hey whats a couple of months.

7. legaleye3000 thread starter macrumors 65816

I don't mind about the 3.1.3 issue because I didn't upgrade :) But I do want the iPad jailbreak :)

8. terraphantm macrumors 68040

Let's hope your iphone doesn't malfunction like mine :). I did end up getting the old bootrom w/ my replacement, so atleast I'll be pwned for life once a new exploit is released

9. legaleye3000 thread starter macrumors 65816

10. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yep, he figured it out:)

11. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

They have root access, and a jailbreak app is only a matter of time, but there is a lot of work to be done before a jailbreak can be released. I imagine at least the following are in the works:

1) They need to write a stable, user-friendly application, port it to two platforms, and test it.

2) Cydia needs to be updated for the iPad. This may mean significant rewrites of the page templates to accommodate the iPad's screen res. Cydia will also have to be rewritten to recognize the iPad and filter apps which will not work on the iPad.

3) For the jailbreak to mean much, MobileSubstrate will probably have to be updated for the iPad.

4) For any theming to work, Winterboard may have to be significantly rewritten. Certainly all themes will have to be rewritten or new ones created.

5) I imagine there may be some issues getting Cydia Apps to make use of the iPad's scaling features, especially for non-full-screen apps like SBSettings.

Who knows what other issues might arise? I imagine there are many things to work out. I would anticipate it may take several weeks before we see beta testing, and perhaps even longer before we have a public release.

12. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

The iPad is running on 3.2 firmware. It has been implied that the iPad jailbreak will be released when the 3G iPad models are released for sale.

The other 2 jailbreaks, who knows ??

13. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, theres alot of hard work and countless hours of debugging and fixing/updating things so we can all have our beloved cydia apps and many other JB tools available.
    God bless all these people that make it possible.

14. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

I often wish I could contribute; but there's not much need for Greek and Latin skills in the jailbreak community.

15. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

So you're Greek, Latin or both? :)

16. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

I know his english is flawless, so my guess he is trilingual !

(Wasn't sure that was a real word) :D

I have a hard enough time with just English.

17. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

What do you think about my english?
    Not as great but it is my 2nd language.
    Greek is my first :)

18. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Your English is probably better than mine. I was raised to speak some hillbilly English.

19. johndoe588 macrumors regular

Latinist, you've contributed plenty to the community in your patient, detailed explanations of how to do just about everything jailbreak related. It's not just the coding, someone's got to explain what to do with it!

John B.

20. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Lol :)
    Yours seems fine to me. I been reading your posts for a while.

21. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

;)

22. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

Ah, I am American and my ancestry primarily English. But my degrees are in (ancient) Greek and Latin language and literature, and I teach both languages. I have a couple of years of German, too, but it's pretty much limited to a reading knowledge.

Now you're making me blush.

Your English is pretty good, definitely better than my demotic Greek! Where in Greece are you from? I spent a couple of months in Greece back in 2001.

Now I'm really blushing. But thank you!

23. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

Im hoping the dev team keeps the JB for the official 4.0 release. While a lot of ipad owners are waiting for a JB, the odds are high they could have multi-device JB come 4.0, if apple doesnt fix the 3.2 bug.

24. iphonegeek786 macrumors 6502

iphonegeek786

What other two jailbreaks? <---- Perfect English!!:p