New Laptop Backpack!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by scrambledwonder, Apr 3, 2013.

1. scrambledwonder macrumors 6502

Hey All,

I hope I'm not out of place for posting this here, but I just wanted you to check out a laptop backpack I designed and made specifically for the 15-inch MacBook Pro:

http://kck.st/WEdArZ

I've been a long-time Mac user and I always felt like there wasn't a backpack classy enough for the MacBook Pro. So I made one.

Photos attached.

Your thoughts/opinions would be greatly appreciated. It's still in development, so it's possible to make changes.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

How big is it? Seems to be like a school bag from the pics.

3. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

To be honest, that looks pretty cool and could work for some people.. But for me, my Brenthaven bag is spacious enough for a couple notebooks, my graphing calculator, my phone, and of course my MBP. I'm not looking for anything better than Brenthaven quality.

4. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

I like the way you close it, and I like the fact that the MBP goes at the back.

I have a Brenthaven bag that is just sitting here, and it seemed to put a lot of pressure on my old 15" MBP because it was so tight and it zipped up in a way that you started at the edge and pulled up then back down. It was hard to put in all the time too.

Hopefully it comes in different colors. :)

5. scrambledwonder thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks!

Thanks for the feedback!

The bag will eventually come in other colors. Initially I plan to offer several interior colors: green, blue, pink. The super-bright interior really does wonders for the bag. The high contrast makes it pop.

The laptop sleeve is snug, but not tight. The standard and Retina MacBook Pros fit well. A 13-inch MacBook Pro (and Retina) would also fit, but would move around a bit. I have designs for 13-inch and 11-inch specific bags in the future.

If you like the design, I'd really appreciate if you could share the Kickstarter project: http://kck.st/WEdArZ

I'm half-way through and more than half funded. I need just 20-odd backers to fund!

Thanks for your time,

Dustin

6. lxbru macrumors newbie

Dude, that looks pretty sick haha. I still don't think I would just have a laptop bag for my mac. my Dakine backpack has treated me well.

7. Tilpots macrumors 601

Tilpots

Love your backpack! The design is so simple. That really gets lost these days. If I wouldn't have bought my Oakley AP Backpack 3.0 last year, I'd take a hard look at yours. Good luck. Hope you get your product gets funded.