New Leopard "blue Screen" Icon For Windows Machines!!!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by billandy, Oct 26, 2007.

1. billandy macrumors regular

Have everyone checked out the new icon of shared windows computers in Finder? Do magnify it and you'll see a Windows 98 BLUE SCREEN!!!
    :eek::eek::eek:

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Yep, this was mentioned back in June. Here is one of the better threads on it with a nice high resolution shot of it.

3. applemax macrumors 65816

applemax

A pretty funny easter egg in Leopard

OK. If you have a Windows PC on your network, connect to it. Then attempt to view the files in Cover Flow in Finder. Pretty cool huh? Those people at Cupertino have a sneaky sense of humour!!

Here - [​IMG]

Haven't bought Leopard yet, myself but I found this on a blog. Still funny though!

4. bigandy macrumors G3

bigandy

5. neoserver macrumors 6502

That is freaking hillarious... I never tried to browse the windows computers like that. haha

6. tyr2 macrumors 6502a

tyr2

Frankly the more i see this the more it irritates me. Not least because that's actually the icon for a generic SMB share, you get the same icon if your connecting to Windows, Linux or even a Mac over SMB.

It just strikes me as an unnecessarily cheap dig at MS.

Also that's not what a STOP error looks like since about Windows 98. Should MS start using a Sad Mac icon?

7. neoserver macrumors 6502

I'm sure there will be an update soon enough to remove it... because you are right, it is a cheap dig a MS... (although slightly funny that they left that in)

8. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Thats really funny! Made me crack up a little lol

9. maverick808 macrumors 65816

maverick808

I hate this. It's immature. Worse, it seems to be the generic icon for any network device that isn't an Apple one. Two of my routers show up with this icon... very annoying.

10. SmurfBoxMasta macrumors 65816

SmurfBoxMasta

in other words........

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, or something like that :eek: :D

Good one, Steve !

11. Cubert macrumors regular

Cubert

You are right. They did leave it in. It was mentioned a few months ago because it appeared in a developer build.

I, personally, am glad to see that it stayed!

:apple:

12. chris.niziolek macrumors member

That is absolutely freaking hilarious!!! :p Now I love apple more!

13. anirban macrumors 6502a

anirban

While it is hilarious, I do admit that it is a bit unprofessional. Ever seen Microsoft taking a stab at Apple?

This is not something to be expected out of a huge corporation. Developers build- I understand. But the GM one.... not really.

14. Yuppi macrumors regular

Yuppi

When I saw it, I really had to laugh hard. It might be unprofessional, but it is really funnny :) Most people will not recognize it anyway.

15. Airforce macrumors 6502a

Airforce

16. Lh'owon macrumors newbie

Haha, that's great. Get a sense of humour people. The whole of OS X doesn't have to be sleek and clinically professional – surely there's room in a corner for a bit of a laugh? It's not as if MS doesn't deserve it.

17. jbg232 macrumors 65816

jbg232

While it may be funny, it is not professional, especially because apple is trying to break into the business market where there will invariably be PCs on the network (and possibly inhibit potential switchers by this cheap joke). I see this as a pointless jab that will most likely do more harm than good to apple and really very base.

18. reubs macrumors 68000

Thanks for saying this, as I feel kind of the same way. I'm a Coke guy, and you never see Coke taking swipes at Pepsi. Pepsi, though, has whole ad campaigns that rag on Coke. It just screams of some kind of complex.

19. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

Microsoft take a stab at Apple? No! Never.....ohh wait what was that email I got yesterday from Microsoft......something about making 6pm useful.

Nope Microsoft would NEVER stoop that low! :p

[​IMG]

20. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

'professionalism' is overrated.
    people need to learn how to relax.

21. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

QFTx2 ... ;)

I think it's funny as hell.

22. benlee macrumors 65816

benlee

I have to agree with you. Its a computer software Operating System! Its a funny harmless jab at another competing company (who I'm sure get along on a personal level). If this icon causes harm to any one of the company's profits, market share, or integrity then said company was doomed to fail anyways. Besides, average computer users wouldn't even see the reference, let alone know what it meant.

Humor, Sarcasm, and Friendly Jabs are what keep life interesting and fun...,among other things.

23. Wayfarer macrumors 65816

Wayfarer

Oh wow, nice find! :rolleyes:

Absolutely hilarious.

24. mynameisjesse macrumors member

I'm really sick of the cheap shots. These, along with extremely naive fanboys, are what I hate most. I love my Mac more than anyone I know, but that stuff is really childish.

25. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

The same goes for those who think other companies don't do it right back.

I assume the whole Mac/PC ad campaign didn't settle well with you.