Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ducatiti

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2011
I saw a few people have been experiencing "tunnel" sounds. Is that from the pad next the microphone sliding? I bought my case at Best Buy, had no problems from day 1 and then this week everyone started to complain I sound like I'm in a tunnel. I'm going to exchange it tomorrow and see what happens.

Same with me. It was fine when it was new. I went thru three cases. My advice is to just return it for a refund to same you the time and hassle.

thebrowncoat

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2012
Has anyone noticed just a little bit of give when you press down on the case on the corner where you can insert a coin to pop it off? Just want to make sure that's normal that it has a little give in that area.

RoofMonkey911

macrumors member
Dec 12, 2012
Has anyone noticed just a little bit of give when you press down on the case on the corner where you can insert a coin to pop it off? Just want to make sure that's normal that it has a little give in that area.

I also have a little give. I think it's normal
Since there is the slight lack of material
that makes the gap. No leaks on mine either.

SMELTN

macrumors regular
Apr 6, 2010

yeap same.. Kinda pops to but no leaks

ducatiti

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2011
The third and final case I returned had a perfect home button and no popping or looseness on the part you pry it open with a coin, but the voice/call quality was really poor after a couple of days of use.

Biff...

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2010
Sherman Oaks, CA.
Now that everybody has gotten their Lifeproof ip5 nuud. Is anybody thinking of getting the ip5s, I hear it will have a dual flash which would make this case useless.

SMELTN

macrumors regular
Apr 6, 2010
Now that everybody has gotten their Lifeproof ip5 nuud. Is anybody thinking of getting the ip5s, I hear it will have a dual flash which would make this case useless.

Of course we are. I get the new iPhone every year, but until it comes out or Apple announces the specs, we have no idea if this case will fit or not

bmac4

macrumors 601
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta Ga
Has anyone else notice that if you use the headphone adaptor that your headphones with iPod controls, and mic don't work? I was trying to use my headphones the other day, and the volume would not work nor the mic. I have used other adaptor I believe that did allow all the functionally of the headphones.

SMELTN

macrumors regular
Apr 6, 2010
Has anyone else notice that if you use the headphone adaptor that your headphones with iPod controls, and mic don't work? I was trying to use my headphones the other day, and the volume would not work nor the mic. I have used other adaptor I believe that did allow all the functionally of the headphones.

Works fine here. Are you by chance running iOS 7 beta? If so thats the issue, there is a bug with iOS 7 which causes that

Matt.Musiol

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2012
Pittsburgh PA
Works fine here. Are you by chance running iOS 7 beta? If so thats the issue, there is a bug with iOS 7 which causes that

Hmm, I'm using iOS 7 beta 5 and I have no issues with the headphone adapter and the ipod controls/mic. They must have fixed this bug with the most recent beta.

brentc133

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2012
I'm also running iOS 7 beta 5 and all is functioning fine. I prefer to use my wireless Bluebuds.

JetBlack7

macrumors 68030
May 14, 2011
Portugal
My only turn off with this case is the screenless technology. If only it had a screen shield or something to fully protect it would be better.

Just can't think this case is good with the screen being in direct contact with the environment...

RoofMonkey911

macrumors member
Dec 12, 2012
My only turn off with this case is the screenless technology. If only it had a screen shield or something to fully protect it would be better.

Just can't think this case is good with the screen being in direct contact with the environment...

That's why they also have the Fré model. Same case but with a built in screen protector.

AnthroMatt

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2011
Redlands, CA
Took mine to the Color Run a couple weeks ago ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376426975.876587.jpg

maliu

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2010

So put on the included stick on screen protector if it worries you.

HiRisk

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2013

Use the included screen protector

brentc133

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2012
Can't even tell the included screen protector is there. Feels just like the bare glass. So now it's fully protected.

Matt.Musiol

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2012
Pittsburgh PA

I personally can't stand any screen protectors so I immediately tossed the included "optional scratch guard" :p. The case is still amazing and fully functional. Because of the raised bezel, I honestly don't worry at all about the screen when it comes to drops. Aside from drops, the Gorilla Glass is built to withstand plenty of wear and tear and holds up unless you are intentionally acting like a fool with it. If you are reasonably aware of where your phone is, with or without the screen protector, you will be very safe in the Lifeproof Nuud!

JetBlack7

macrumors 68030
May 14, 2011
Portugal
I personally can't stand any screen protectors so I immediately tossed the included "optional scratch guard" :p. The case is still amazing and fully functional. Because of the raised bezel, I honestly don't worry at all about the screen when it comes to drops. Aside from drops, the Gorilla Glass is built to withstand plenty of wear and tear and holds up unless you are intentionally acting like a fool with it. If you are reasonably aware of where your phone is, with or without the screen protector, you will be very safe in the Lifeproof Nuud!

Meanwhile I ordered the Fre and am currently using it. Pretty satisfied so far, although the Nuud looked much better. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.