Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maliu

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2010
Now that you mention it yes mine has those if I look really hard in the right light. Never noticed them. Probably something from the manufacturing process. I'm not worried about it

6thDAY

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2010
Now that you mention it yes mine has those if I look really hard in the right light. Never noticed them. Probably something from the manufacturing process. I'm not worried about it

I can tell you though that it definitely was not there during the first weeks of using.

It developed over time.

Just wondering what others opinion on what it could be, not "too" worry though

iMule

macrumors 6502
Feb 11, 2009
Greenville, SC
I love the case so far, but dust and debris gets caught in the earpiece and front facing camera holes and it's tough to get out, making for some foggy pictures.

What's the best way to clean it? I'm not about to spray water on it, lol.

RoofMonkey911

macrumors member
Dec 12, 2012
I love the case so far, but dust and debris gets caught in the earpiece and front facing camera holes and it's tough to get out, making for some foggy pictures.

What's the best way to clean it? I'm not about to spray water on it, lol.

Rinse in water and a Qtip will do the trick.

davideotape

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2012
i just moved back to an otterbox reflex just because ive been listening to music more and that plug is the most poorly designed thing in the world. ill switch back for pools/the beach

brentc133

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2012
Lifeproof should have made the plug similar to the Incipio Atlas so that you could still insert a regular 3.5mm jack in without the threaded adapter. If you are going to use in a wet environment, then use the screw in adapter. I moved to Bluebud wireless headphones to use with my Nuud case.

MistaBishi

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2011
Finally got mine, but it failed the water test. Waiting on my replacement to arrive in the mail.

Awesome case though, love every part of it :)

Retired Cat

macrumors 65816
Jun 12, 2013
Question: what kind of plastic is used for the back of the Nuud?

Is it a hard polycarbonate? Or something softer?

Biff...

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2010
Sherman Oaks, CA.
I guess the Lifeproof nuud won't work with the ip5s, unless you plan on not using the fingerprint sensor. After spending over $100 on this case, I'm comtempleting if I even want to upgrade. Anybody else?

Last edited:

myMacRumors

macrumors regular
Aug 18, 2010
I guess the Lifeproof nuud won't work with the ip5s, unless you plan on not ursing the fingerprint sensor. After spending over $100 on this case, I'm comtempleting if I even want to upgrade. Anybody else?

also not plan on using iPhone 5S new dual LED flash?

Attachments

• iphone 5 dual led flash.PNG
    iphone 5 dual led flash.PNG
    179 KB · Views: 98

vajeff

macrumors member
Jan 30, 2011
also not plan on using iPhone 5S new dual LED flash?

I will be interested to see on the dual LED. Looking at the back of the NUUD the flash opening may be just big enough to allow both flashes (since they are stacked on each other). When I heard the rumor on dual LED, I was concerned (if I decide to upgrade) that they were going to be a little spaced apart and not in the same spot consequently.

Mjsavage

macrumors member
Aug 17, 2013
Atlanta GA
Lifeproof has where you can be notified when case will be out for the 5s and 5c on there site so I assume they will come up with something if it is possible.

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
I guess the Lifeproof nuud won't work with the ip5s, unless you plan on not using the fingerprint sensor. After spending over $100 on this case, I'm comtempleting if I even want to upgrade. Anybody else?

It isn't compatible with some iOS 7 features as well.

brentc133

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2012
What iOS7 feature is Lifeproof Nuud not comparable with? I've been using my Nuud with ios7 for over a month and haven't encountered a single issue.

theautopilot

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2010
How are they going to make waterproof cases now that there touch id?? :confused: All these case makers are in trouble...:eek:

Yep, big trouble.

I guess a few people will sacrifice touch ID for a waterproof case, but most won't. No wonder Lifeproof sold out to Otterbox, maybe they knew this was coming.

webslinger85

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2010
What iOS7 feature is Lifeproof Nuud not comparable with? I've been using my Nuud with ios7 for over a month and haven't encountered a single issue.

Different reviews i've read have stated difficulty accessing Control Center, it's not impossible, just difficult

BrettDS

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2012
Orlando
Well, I'm happy to report that I spent quite some time with my phone in the water last week and the Nuud case had no problems at all. My family was down in Florida visiting Disney and we spent several hours in the resort pool on several days. I kept my phone with me in the belt holster clipped to my bathing suit and used it to take a lot of underwater and waterslide pictures. We even spent a day at Disney's Typhoon Lagoon waterpark and my phone went with me down all slides and I got a lot of great pictures and even kept up with the Apple iPhone 5S announcement while I was waiting in lines.

No problems with leakage at all. The only downside that I discovered was that the phone couldn't get a signal when I was in the pool with the phone underwater at my waist. This meant that the battery drained pretty quickly as it tried to search for a signal. I suppose I might have been better off putting it into airplane mode.

BrettDS

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2012
Orlando
Just got my 5S and put it in the Nuud case for the iPhone 5. Doesn't seem too bad. Unfortunately the fingerprint sensor doesn't work, but I'm not sure that's really a shock. The flash seems OK. It could probably use a slightly bigger opening, but 99% of the dual flash is still visible through the existing hole. No problems with the home button depth... the home button on the Nuud case is still sitting in the right position (and still as loose feeling as ever). Otherwise everything fits as well as it did with the iPhone 5.

I'm hoping that lifeproof will come up with something brilliant for the touch sensor, but I'm not sure if it will happen. I did play around with it a little bit and I was able to activate the touch sensor with a thin piece of plastic over it, so I don't think that it needs to be totally exposed.

BrettDS

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2012
Orlando
What are the main differences between the nuud and the fre for the iPhone 5?

Really, the only notable difference is the fact that with the Nuud case the actual screen of the phone is uncovered. With the Fre there is a plastic layer over the screen. The front of the Nuud is a bit different to accommodate the seal between the screen and the case, but essentially the naked screen vs the covered screen is the big difference.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.