New 'LiftPro' Electric Desk Offers Built-In Docks For iOS Devices

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

iSkelter has released several TechDesks that are designed specifically for Apple devices with Mac air vents and built-in slots for holding the iPhone and the iPad, and as of today, the company's latest desk, the LiftPro, is available for pre-order on Indiegogo.

The LiftPro is an electric desk that can be adjusted to several different heights suitable for sitting or standing, and like all of iSkelter's desks, it comes with built-in organizational components. There are display docks for the iPhone and the iPad, along with recessed felt trays for holding accessories, a stainless steel drink holder, and a built-in mousepad that sits flush against the surface of the desk.

Available in natural or hazelnut finishes, the bamboo desk can be customized with one of three leg colors: black, white, or gray. All of the available features are optional and can be chosen at the time of purchase. According to iSkelter, the LiftPro can support up to 355 pounds and its legs have been tested more than 10,000 times. It comes with a 7-year all-inclusive warranty that covers the motor, frame, and all electronics.

LiftPro includes four preset keys for adjusting the desk to different heights (between 24.5 and 49.5 inches) in just a few seconds with the press of a button. Each position is fully customizable and can be set for each user's preferred sitting and standing heights.

The built-in docks are designed to put the iPhone and the iPad in clear view while sitting at the desk and they also hide unsightly cables. The recessed drink holder sits towards the side of the desk to avoid contact with a Mac, and the lined storage trays at the back of the desk can hold pens, coins, and other small items. Mac cables can also be hidden out of sight, and the desk ships with three cord clips for cable management.

There are a limited number of LiftPro desks available for purchase for $899 on Indiegogo, with prices that go up to $1,099 after early bird purchases have sold out. Desks will begin shipping out to customers in August of 2015, and will have a future retail price of $1,499.

Article Link: New 'LiftPro' Electric Desk Offers Built-In Docks For iOS Devices

nutmac

macrumors 601
Mar 30, 2004
Tacky cup holders, docks, and accessory trays notwithstanding, which are optional, it's not a bad looking desk. Having said that, I am not sure if electronically adjustable legs is worth $400+ premium over otherwise fairly similar (although not hardwood) IKEA Bekant desk.

And considering it's electric, would it kill to provide a built-in power strip or at least USB charging ports?

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
Why are there two iPhone slots, one directly behind the other?

Last edited:

Suspended
Dec 6, 2012
Tacky cup holders, docks, and accessory trays notwithstanding, which are optional, it's not a bad looking desk. Having said that, I am not sure if electronically adjustable legs is worth $400+ premium over otherwise fairly similar (although not hardwood) IKEA Bekant desk.

And considering it's electric, would it kill to provide a built-in power strip or at least USB charging ports?
The IKEA desk actually looks good. And I agree that the difference in price makes it look great. The slots for the iToys really are not enough for the extra cost nor is the wood (although wood is better IMO)

Rudy69

macrumors 6502a
Mar 30, 2009

See that's exactly the thing. I could probably use the cup holder if it's big enough (my coffee cup is GIANT and won't fit in most cup holders). I do have an iPhone and an iPad so I guess I could use two of the slots, but honestly I got the Bekant sit/stand desk a few months ago and it's a really really solid desk and for the price of this desk I could buy almost 3 Bekants

H.Finch

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2013
I'd rather have an extremely stable electrical desk that doesn't wobble... I haven't found one yet... And I've been looking for a year now.. Every one I started typing on in the standing position my iMac/screen started to wobble... I can't imagine this desk being much different... since it has the same T legs... (which are unstable by design I think).

ph0rk

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2003
SWVA

There is an electric height-adjustable version of the Bekant, too - or is that the one you meant?

There are scads and scads of sit/stand desks out there. I can't see a reason to purchase one with an iphone dock though, unless you plan to ditch it whenever the successor to lightning comes along.

macduke

macrumors G4
Jun 27, 2007
Central U.S.
Really—a built-in mousepad? That would drive me mad. What's the point of something like that? It looks the same but you can adjust it and replace it when it wears out. Personally I usually have mine at a bit of a diagonal in relation to the rest of the desk. I guess if you're into fixed positions for everything you own then this is the desk for you. Count me out!

george-brooks

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Imagine if this thing came out 5 years ago with 30 pin connector docks..... Because I totally want to upgrade my $400 desk when the next iDevice connection standard comes out

campyguy

macrumors 68040
Mar 21, 2014
I'd rather have an extremely stable electrical desk that doesn't wobble... I haven't found one yet... And I've been looking for a year now.. Every one I started typing on in the standing position my iMac/screen started to wobble... I can't imagine this desk being much different... since it has the same T legs... (which are unstable by design I think).
One of my friends had the same gripe, and I turned him on to the "right corner" version of the BEKANT sit/stand desk - which has one "normal" and one "long" support system. I'm not a huge fan of IKEA's stuff, but I'll admit this desk system is pretty slick for the price.
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S89022490/
or
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S49022265/

And, a 10-year warranty from IKEA is better IMHO than a 7-year warranty from some guys I've never heard of before on Indiegogobyebye...

reden

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2006
Imagine if this thing came out 5 years ago with 30 pin connector docks..... Because I totally want to upgrade my $400 desk when the next iDevice connection standard comes out
The desk is $899, and when it goes to retail it will cost $1499 lol.

jclardy

macrumors 68040
Oct 6, 2008
FYI, I personally prefer and use Jarvis desk which starts at $680 and includes electrical legs.
I'm pretty sure this is the Jarvis frame with a custom surface. The legs and controller look identical to mine, also the max weight capacity is the same.

The $899 price isn't bad, but their full retail is quite overpriced given ergodepot is selling almost the same thing for less than half.

roland.g

Suspended
Apr 11, 2005
Interesting concepts. I looked at their site.

Thoughts:

The customization isn't that great. They do offer lefty v righty. But truth is the mouse pad really isn't necessary. I like the whiteboard and choosing righty keeps it on the left for a lefty and keeps the device socks on the right. The ventilation looks dumb. And for those with an iMac, I would like to see a pole mount in the back. I have my iMac wall mounted on a Humanscale articulating arm and could transfer the arm to a pole.

Ateam043

macrumors member
Jan 8, 2015
$650 plus for a desk?

Pass. I'll simply go get a few 4 x 4's and a sheet of plywood and call it a day.

Sincerely,

This cheap a**

hortod1

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2009
seriously, stop with the red stapler bit. it was funny, what - two decades ago?

djgamble

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2006
The IKEA desk actually looks good. And I agree that the difference in price makes it look great. The slots for the iToys really are not enough for the extra cost nor is the wood (although wood is better IMO)
Bit wanky making it an 'iDesk' and charging a premium I reckon. IMO given the simplicity you could make one yourself out of hardwood for not a lot.

IKEA... sure... it's cheaper, but what's the comparative markup? You can get a big sheet of chip board for roughly 50 bucks... other than that I'm guessing the legs are essentially the same cost.

Sure these are new... but there's a lot of office surplus stores that could sell you the electronic legs if they are important (I'm not a 'stander' at work so really don't care... my desk gets setup by the WHS person once and stays that way for years.) I'm no cabinet maker, but IMO I could whip together a custom 'simplistic' desk using hardwood for at max a couple of hundred bucks. Could probably even get a better looking desk by using a nice old piece of hardwood from a wharf or something. Given these are flat packed, it would be a similar amount of effort as well (get a local hardware shop to do the cutting if you're not confident... they often do it for free so long as you buy screws...etc from them.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.