Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

strausd

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
Texas
Just got an email from Apple today....

What's going on? How come they are already in stores but still haven't shipped to those who have ordered them?

Umbongo

macrumors 601
Sep 14, 2006
England

What's going on? How come they are already in stores but still haven't shipped to those who have ordered them?

Different distribution channels. The retail boxes will have been ready for a while.

strausd

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
Texas
Well if they are all standard configs, I don't see why people who ordered standard configs wouldn't be shipping already.

bzollinger

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2005
Has anyone actually seen a 2010 MP in stores?

Also does anyone know if the education discount can be used in a retail store?

dknightd

macrumors 6502
Mar 7, 2004

Have you called your local apple store? Usually they only stock "standard" configurations. If you ordered a standard configuration call and ask them if they have one in stock. If so, buy one, then cancel your order. Likely they will have a mac pro to sell you, but it will not be the new model. Call them and ask.
Since the one I want is a BTO I have not bothered - my local store only stocks the base configuration - YMMV

Edit: forgot to address you education pricing question. Yes an an apple store will honour you educational discount - they will ask you to verify that you qualify (pay stub or schedule, have always worked for me and my family)

darwin022

macrumors regular
Oct 4, 2005
DC
I called the Georgetown DC store about 5 minutes after that spam came in today and they didn't have any in stock yet.

bzollinger

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2005
I'll have to call my local store. The only thing I'm worried about is that they aren't an actual Apple store, there isn't one in AK. They are an Apple reseller.....:rolleyes:

AWgamer

macrumors newbie
Aug 11, 2010
all I would be interested in is a base config of the 2010 model...thats plenty for me. Thing is I'd want the 24" LED also, the built in speakers etc make it a solid monitor at that price.

xgman

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2007
I figure that if they show up in stores before the 23rd, we might see faster ship dates on our online orders.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.