New Mac Pros in Retail Stores already??

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by strausd, Aug 12, 2010.

1. strausd macrumors 68030

Just got an email from Apple today....

[​IMG]

What's going on? How come they are already in stores but still haven't shipped to those who have ordered them?

2. Umbongo macrumors 601

Umbongo

Different distribution channels. The retail boxes will have been ready for a while.

3. strausd thread starter macrumors 68030

Well if they are all standard configs, I don't see why people who ordered standard configs wouldn't be shipping already.

4. bzollinger macrumors 6502a

bzollinger

Has anyone actually seen a 2010 MP in stores?

Also does anyone know if the education discount can be used in a retail store?

5. dknightd macrumors 6502

Have you called your local apple store? Usually they only stock "standard" configurations. If you ordered a standard configuration call and ask them if they have one in stock. If so, buy one, then cancel your order. Likely they will have a mac pro to sell you, but it will not be the new model. Call them and ask.
    Since the one I want is a BTO I have not bothered - my local store only stocks the base configuration - YMMV

Edit: forgot to address you education pricing question. Yes an an apple store will honour you educational discount - they will ask you to verify that you qualify (pay stub or schedule, have always worked for me and my family)

6. philipma1957 macrumors 603

philipma1957

yes you can use ed discount but they will ask for a student card or a teachers card. at least in NJ they will.

7. darwin022 macrumors regular

I called the Georgetown DC store about 5 minutes after that spam came in today and they didn't have any in stock yet.

8. J the Ninja macrumors 68000

9. bzollinger macrumors 6502a

bzollinger

I'll have to call my local store. The only thing I'm worried about is that they aren't an actual Apple store, there isn't one in AK. They are an Apple reseller.....:rolleyes:

10. AWgamer macrumors newbie

all I would be interested in is a base config of the 2010 model...thats plenty for me. Thing is I'd want the 24" LED also, the built in speakers etc make it a solid monitor at that price.

11. reel2reel macrumors 6502a

reel2reel

That's funny. :D

Apple knows a thing or two about starting hysteria.

12. xgman macrumors 601

xgman

I figure that if they show up in stores before the 23rd, we might see faster ship dates on our online orders.