New Mac User wanting to play C&C III

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by sttriber, Apr 9, 2009.

1. sttriber macrumors newbie

Hello yah'll, I have the new Macbook 2.0 ghz and I see that this macbook is good for playing video games. Now I have downloaded Command & Conquer III the demo but couldn't install it at all. It was just a text file. I'm wondering how do yah'll play pc games. I've heard of bootcamp but I'm scared of installing it not knowing what I'm doing.

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

We have boot camp which comes with every Mac which let's you run Windows natively as if it were a PC. This gives you the best performance for your games.

There is also Fusion and Parallels which let you run Windows side by side with OS X. The downside of this is that you loose performance. Both programs are paid and work really well, personal endorsement for Fusion.

Both are good ways to run Windows, but if you want best performance go with Boot Camp.

Also, it's called Command and Conquer Red Alert 3 (III). Just saying C&C III confuses some people. If you wish to shorten it, then it's Red Alert 3 or RA 3.

Hope this helps. :)

You need a copy of Windows though.

3. sttriber thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay so all i need is a copy of windows XP and running boot camp and I can get going with my gaming.

4. ktalebian macrumors regular

Not really. C&C3 has Mac version too! I have that on my computer! Its a DMG file that you mount and copy and paste into your application!
    The one you downloaded was probably a Windows version

5. cathyy macrumors 6502a

Well, there's a game that's just called 'Command and Conquer 3'. :confused:

6. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Yup.

7. The Mook macrumors member

if your not familiar with running bootcamp i owuld just buy the mac version. you can download the game online at gametree

8. sttriber thread starter macrumors newbie

So I could buy the CD and install it using the mac CD of course and I wouldn't have to do anything else am i correct. I don't get the whole copy and paste into the application part.

9. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

Yes, you can buy the CD and install it. I have only seen one glitch on it so far, and it's only on the intro screens in the campaign. It plays very well on my 2-year-old MacBook Pro. I would recommend 2GB of RAM (I don't know how much the MacBooks have) and an external monitor, keyboard and mouse.

10. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

Most mac programs don't install like their windows counterparts. In windows, you usually click the install file, and hit "Next" 50 times. In mac a lot of applications all you do is drag the application icon (you will see it) into the "Applications" folder and the game is installed.