New MacBook air coming soon - proof!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by monaarts, Jul 19, 2011.

1. monaarts macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_4 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8K2 Safari/6533.18.5)

I went to my bestbuy today and the 11" and 13" MacBook airs were marked down. I asked the guy there if they had all models in stock and he told me they have 1 or 2 of each, except for the cheapest one they have 0. I asked him if I could get a raincheck to get the cheapest one for the discount price when they get a new one in. He said they aren't going to be getting anymore in stock, that they are selling it at a discounted price to get ready for the new models this week... He then told me I should wait and pay the extra $$$ because they got the specs in fit the new ones and it is well worth the $$$. I will post the image as soon as I get home! :)

2. UnseenLlama macrumors 6502a

UnseenLlama

So what images are you posting? The new specs from a BestBuy store, or a picture that they have zero base models in stock?

3. monaarts thread starter macrumors 65816

Here is a picture of the marked down MBA's... I know that it doesn't really confirm much but with rumors of new ones coming soon and then this - I definitely think we're gonna have new MBA's this week.

Picture Below:

Attached Files:

4. NutsNGum macrumors 68030

NutsNGum

Indeed, as first suspected, it confirms nothing.

5. PDFierro macrumors 68040

I think the markdowns were already advertised about a week or two ago, weren't they?

6. dlimes13 macrumors 6502a

dlimes13

They've been marked down for around a month around here. No new news.

7. dxr808s macrumors member

I actually bought one last week thinking it was a good deal. Now having spent some time with the 11", I really feel like I need something a bit more powerful.

I am still within the 14 day return window, but won't be able to get to Best Buy until later this week. After the possible refresh.

My question is, do you think Best Buy will allow me to return it after the new models come out?

8. UnseenLlama macrumors 6502a

UnseenLlama

Yes. As long as you are within that return period.

9. Duke15 macrumors 6502

Duke15

I doubt the bb salesperson knows what the specs are

10. MilkMan4 macrumors regular

hes just trying to stir something up on macrumors :p

11. UnseenLlama macrumors 6502a

UnseenLlama

Of course the salesperson will....he/she comes here and reads all the rumors of upcoming specs. :D

12. wdaleherring macrumors member

I noticed this last weekend at my store as well. However, I believe my store was selling them for $949 and not $938 because I had to second guess myself. I was thinking "Wait, were they always this price?"

In any event, I am with you on this one. While a new MBA is clearly in the works, I think this goes to further prove that it should happen any time now.

13. MilkMan4 macrumors regular

yeah hasnt the markdown been going on for quite some time??...

14. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

I think this is astounding information, as it may be considered proof......that intelligent life exists at Best Buy!

15. cleric, Jul 19, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2011

cleric macrumors 6502a

cleric

Lets not go making wild accusations like this! Obligatory ******* Best Buy comment also.

16. marrzie macrumors regular

What did you take the pics with? Can you post a pic of your old lady as well? :D:D:D:D:D

17. getyup macrumors 6502

Isn't "proof" usually mean evidence of something? The MacBook Air current model being on sale is proof that a new model is coming soon? Uhm, ok. Guess we went to different law schools.

18. nebulos macrumors 6502a

nebulos

+1

19. wdaleherring macrumors member

It doesn't matter what school you attended. It's pure fact that Apple products at Best Buy hardly ever go on sale, and the fact that something has changed hints at a refresh.

20. getyup macrumors 6502

Sorry, it was a bit of sarcasm.

I never went to law but in pre-law we learned that a definite should never be used to adjust an indefinite, and your comment "pure fact" and "hardly ever" are incompatible when making an argument.

Either way, it's not common for them to go on sale, but there have been many times when they have gone on sale, so to state that it's proof is misguided. Proof means evidence that's establishing truth. While it may be an indication that would support it being eventually replaced, I think we all knew it'd eventually be replaced. For all we know Apple will refresh in October again, and just have tons of stock to sell through.

If this is all the "proof" you need to believe, I have a lovely island to sell you in the Canadian Tropics.

21. getyup macrumors 6502

But the OP said it's proof, so we must all just assume he knows better than anything that's been published.

22. wdaleherring macrumors member

How so? It's a fact that they hardly ever go on sale. It's rare that Apple products go on sale. That's a fact. Get it?

23. getyup macrumors 6502

Really? Amazon has them available at discount every day. MacConnection as well, as with many other retailers. If you're considering B&M only, Frys frequently discounts them.

I think what you mean is at Best Buy, they are not always discounted... but that doesn't make it fact that Apple rarely are discounted.

Either way, it's speculation, not proof. Big difference.

24. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

Considering how best buy rarely if ever discounts Apple merchandise, I think you can deem it evidence. Not irrefutable evidence, mind you, but evidence nonetheless.

25. mac jones macrumors 68040

Why is it when in the title there are words like "definite, 100%, certain, etc,
    it's always the longest shot?

Actually, it's well know that liars do this. ;)

(not that the OP is lying, but it's sort of the same thing, the 'not-true' part that is.) :D