Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

getyup

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2011
Considering how best buy rarely if ever discounts Apple merchandise, I think you can deem it evidence. Not irrefutable evidence, mind you, but evidence nonetheless.

I agree 100%. It's supporting evidence, but not irrefutable "proof" like someone said lol

getyup

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2011
Why is it when in the title there are words like "definite, 100%, certain, etc,
it's always the longest shot?

Actually, it's well know that liars do this. LOL

(not that the OP is lying, but it's sort of the same thing, the 'not-true' part that is.)

Yeah, "proof" that a launch is imminent is not what they meant. "Evidence" of "possible" refresh maybe.

getyup

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2011
Thank you. I wasn't pre-law in undergrad; history major.

...who then went on to graduate in the top 25% of his class in law school! Boo-yeah!

History... u should put together a report of OS release dates, cross reference with laptop\desktop releases, and give us a list of those which fall on the same day, hehe. That'd be a great history report, hehe

I'll give a hint... SHORT list. :)

clyde2801

macrumors 601
Seriously, I am!

Attachments

• Photo on 2011-07-19 at 19.29.jpg
    Photo on 2011-07-19 at 19.29.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 105

getyup

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2011
NOOOOOOOOOO

Just talked to my buddy at Apple store. He's on the visual team tonight, and they just got their list of project, and it's ONLY Lion refresh. BOOOOOOO!

getyup

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2011
Best Buy rarely gets Macs when they're

...wait, are my fingers really that long?

Nah.

HAHA, just an observation, I think the camera exaggerates their size. On the flip side, the better for playing the piano, right?

getyup

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2011
Show me the proof...;)

You generally don't prove the lack of something existing. Proof is usually in existence. It's not snowing... show me the proof? That makes no sense. It's snowing.... show me proof. THAT makes sense.

m3digi

macrumors member
Apr 5, 2011
NYC
My bet is that an MBA refresh isn't coming until September. That's based on the earnings conference call today.

thefirstone

macrumors member
Jun 7, 2011
You generally don't prove the lack of something existing. Proof is usually in existence. It's not snowing... show me the proof? That makes no sense. It's snowing.... show me proof. THAT makes sense.

Show me the proof that you have a friend at Apple and who's working the night shift today.

Anyway, I don't really care. We'll know tomorrow.

getyup

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2011
Show me the proof that you have a friend at Apple and who's working the night shift today.

Anyway, I don't really care. We'll know tomorrow.

I think that would put him\her into a position I wouldn't want to put him\her into.

getyup

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2011
Fair enough. If you really are correct, it would make me pretty mad. I have waited for more than two months now.

With respect, that's somewhat silly of you. The product cycle has always been one pear year or longer on the Air, so if you've been waiting since May on a product not due for refresh until October, it's a gamble you've taken.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.