New Macbook Pro 2 Days Old Epic FAIL

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by WillyT, Jan 29, 2010.

1. WillyT macrumors newbie

Hey guy's I just bought a new Macbook Pro on Thursday from Dicksmith Electronics. First thing I turned on the computer it went into the welcome screen and all the sudden I was using my trackpad to register the computer and all it stopped working and it was freezing The only way was using a usb mouse. The next day I updated the OS to 10.6.2 and the trackpad was a little bit better but still freezes sometimes, another issue I found was that when I use the Energy saving prefs my Macbook won't go to sleep the only way would be from the apple menu and also the screensaver doesn't work at all. I'm taking this to Apple Center tomorrow. It's a 15 Inch Macbook Pro 2.53gh Intel Core 2 Brand new from Dicksmith Electronics.

2. smithmax13 macrumors member

What do you mean the energy saver settings didn't work?

3. Techhie macrumors 65816

Techhie

I'm confused as to how any opinions will help you if you are going to the Apple store tomorrow.

4. WillyT thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry for my english it won't go to sleep the only way is from the apple menu and the screen saver doesn't work

5. xxplosive1984 macrumors regular

Maybe that's the problem.

6. Nein01 macrumors 6502

Nein01

probably means that the computer won't go to sleep after a certain amount of inactivity (30 mins, 1 hr, 2 hrs, etc). i had the same problem with mine; my computer would ignore my energy saver settings and never go to sleep unless i forced it to from the apple menu or used the power button. i downloaded an app called "NMS sleep assist" and it works now.

7. JForestZ34 macrumors 6502a

But you shouldn't have to download any kind of app for it to sleep like that.. If you do it looks like a software problem to me..

James

8. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

I would reset PRAM, SMC and if anything reinstall in that order. I would save myself the time and cover things I could do on my own before wasting time in going back.

9. umiwangu macrumors 6502

That's what I'm thinking...

10. hippo206 macrumors 6502

LMAO that is what I was thinking

11. Bumble Bee macrumors member

12. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Call Apple Care or go to an Apple Store, you just got out of luck with a defective unit. Nothing to make a big fuz over.

13. HBOC macrumors 68020

or he dicks people with bunk products.

Seriously though, I would take it back to where you bought it. You say it has been two days.. Also, i don't know what country you are in, but i would think they would have some sort of law protecting the consumer.

14. WillyT thread starter macrumors newbie

Lol I'm from Australia :)

15. HBOC macrumors 68020

is that the website? Seriously, jokes aside, I would take that back and have them remedy this problem. It was BRAND NEW, correct? You bought it from a physical retail store, or just online? In any case, Apple should cover it since it is brand new. Just make an appointment at a Genius Bar if this place Dicks you around. sorry, couldn't resist!