New Macbook Pro already built?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by universal, Dec 30, 2009.

1. universal macrumors newbie

Dec 17, 2009
    I went to the apple store today and the salesman said that the new fleet of Macbook Pros are already built and it's only a matter of chosing a date o release it. Could this be true? I was going to buy the 13" 2.53ghz for video editinb but now i'm thinking if I wait, the 2.66ghz 15" might dip into the affordable price range for me if i go for a refurbished or ebay one.
  2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

Dec 29, 2006
    dallas, texas
    Less then ten minutes. Just went three-five pages in the Buying Tips and MacBook Pro/MacBook forums and then the threads that I had already posted that. Spend an hour on here, seems there will be two new threads about it.
  3. universal thread starter macrumors newbie

Dec 17, 2009
    haha agreed. But very helpful. thanks for the links.
  4. applebook macrumors 6502a

Jul 21, 2009
    Optionally, posters could simply have a look at the nice little "MacBook Pro Buyer's Guide"'s_Guide linked right near the very top of the page. :rolleyes: I'm surprised there aren't more "how much does _____ cost?" threads on here.
  5. Surely Guest

Oct 27, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    The sales people at Apple Stores don't know anything about future products and when/if they will be released.

They speculate. We speculate.

There is no difference.

Usually, I find that people around here are more knowledgeable than people who work at the Apple Store, so take that for what it's worth......
  6. Takashi macrumors regular

Oct 26, 2009
    Of course this could be true. Apple can't sell you anything unless it is ready unless you want to line up alongside with 2000+ people outside of the apple store to buy a macbook pro.
  7. reallynotnick macrumors 6502a

Oct 21, 2005
    Sounds like a horrible salesman, lol. And trust me Apple retail employees know as much or less about upcoming product announcements then we do.