New Macbook Pro Model #'s

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by reveilley, Feb 25, 2008.

1. reveilley macrumors newbie

2. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

Can someone please explain to me why so many people who have only made one previous post normally comes on here and posts the

Oh i know when there going to be released stuff?

3. PDE macrumors 68020

Nice! Thanks....we'd like to know more though....

4. Wolvngelz macrumors member

5. ozziegn macrumors 6502a

ozziegn

and you have something even better ehh?

that's what I thought. :rolleyes:

6. reveilley thread starter macrumors newbie

Some people visit this site regulary and never post :D

7. aforty macrumors 65816

aforty

You work for Best Buy? Higher up perhaps?

I'm sure more people would like a little background on you and how you came across these. Don't disclose anything that may get you in trouble with your employer but give us something.

8. MightyThor12 macrumors newbie

wow!!!!

Can someone explain to me who neil321 is and why he is better than anyone else?

9. tip macrumors 6502

tip

I don't see how he implied that in his post. I think he (like most of us) have seen way too many threads from some recent signup stating that he/she had some sort of authoritative information about a new product. Of course, nearly all of these would prove to be false.

10. reveilley thread starter macrumors newbie

There has been a lot of discussion so I did some research in our inventory system. They are currently on order along with Time Capsules. We were expecting Time Capsules for this Sunday's Ad, but Apple had a late PO. We are not going to be receiving them until the second half of this current week.

The new MBP's are also on order. Usually when something is "on order" we see it within the next two weeks. There is no definite arrival date. Those model #'s are correct and maybe someone can do some digging and find details on the 'net.

11. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

Can someone explain what in his post brings you to this assumption? OHHH WAIT I got it, it's the 3 letter rule. When you assume your making an ass*umption.

I think his question is quite valid. Reading back and past "Oh I know what's going on" posts have been done by 1 posters.

It's been joked around that these 2 posters are windows users stiring up trouble in the Mac world. A rather immature action, much like YOUR post MightyHor, and mine to some extent, but mine is much more eliquent and thought out. Spelling may suck but who cares at this point eh?

To answer neil321's question, I don't really think they are 'new' people. I think they are existing MR's members creating a new account with a bogus gMail account just to post either something they heard but do not want to be tied to it if it's false, or to put something out to start a flamefest, or something similar.

Since this is a rumor site we take things with a grain of salt and kinda wait and see. I don't get my hopes up until I'm actually ordering the product and it says it's processed for shipping.

Mightyhor might have taken a defensive stance on this because neil's comments pertain to him/her/it. In this case I quote my blog site, "...if anything I say offends you then maybe it pertains TO you."

12. schreck macrumors regular

(S)He isn't lying. I also work at Best Buy and noticed the new model numbers on Friday. I'm a part time sales associate, and it's quite easy to just go in and check our store system in order to see all of the products available from one manufacturer.

Also- I remember seeing an in-stock date of 3.2.08. Bear in mind, though, that this date has changed two times, first going from 2.12 to 5.05 or something like that, and now to the 2nd of March.

13. GT500Shlby macrumors member

GT500Shlby

Wow, you guys are harsh...

Someone posts a tidbit of information that he/she may have had a glimpse of access to. That fuels a rumor. Right now, all we have is his "unconfirmed" information. Now we run with that info in hand and try to "confirm" it with two more sources. Thats called Investigative Journalism.

Don't beat on a person just because his/her post count is low or they just joined. They may actually be an employee of Best Buy that has access to this. Best not to smite them until you "confirm" their information is indeed false. If they are indeed telling the truth, they may be a valuable ally in the future.

People aren't born with reputations, they accumulate over time.

14. AppleTree macrumors member

Great news!

If multiple people are confirming this (and not lying), then there will be a release tomorrow....finally

15. Zeos macrumors 6502

Can you pull specs from the system too? If you can pull specs and they come out right, I would suggest that you receive an immediate promotion on the MR board to mega rumor moderator (or perhaps something more eloquent than that...). :D

16. davidec macrumors regular

Thanks for your post mate. It may turn out to be a very informative piece of information. Almost too good for a rumor site apparently (gestures at the people that have the audacity to berate you for posting such info)

17. GT500Shlby macrumors member

GT500Shlby

That's two reports of the model numbers. We need 1 more source to confirm. Then we will have "confirmed" reports of new model #'s showing up in a Best Buy ordering system, which according to the reports is consistent with new products being released.

As for the people posting this information, Be careful. If you post Job titles or how you got access in a public forum, that could lead to your identification or a change in how information is managed. Best to have two accounts on this forum. The one you browse with and do regular posts and the one you post tips with. Make sure the tip one, you don't put your real name or location, etc...

If you say your a Sales Associate and at 3:00pm when the manager is out, you can sneak in and use the password "BestBuyisLord" will get you information - your best bet is the following day that computer will have a new password and the manager will be in at 3:00pm.

Or simply, Best Buy will not allow Sales Associates to view that info.

This is akin to espionage - you need to develop a trade craft.

18. Hogan65 macrumors newbie

Just remember that if you purchase now, you won't be getting Centrino 2 (Montevina).

19. davidec macrumors regular

You'll still be getting a Penryn processor. Just on a new platform. The noticeable speed increase should be greater with Penryn in Santa Rosa, and besides, you'll be waiting till Sept at the earliest. meanwhile, the rest of us will have become familiar with the penryn!!!
    Bring on the MPB this time tomorrow!

20. GT500Shlby macrumors member

GT500Shlby

The Centrino 2 platform will not be in shipping products until at least August. Then, Apple is not really an early adopter of the "latest" hardware for mature product lines. It will be at least October/November before that will hit the MBP's and even then, they will still be using Penryn-based processors.

That and in 2009, the Core architecture successor is coming out. Since I have about a 1 year lifetime on my computers before I upgrade - It would be best for me to upgrade now and then just pick up Nehalem 1 year from now.

21. GT500Shlby macrumors member

GT500Shlby

It's essentially the same information. The date changes also provide correlation with the speculation that the MBP upgrade was delayed because more man-power was needed to get the MBA ready in time for MacWorld 2008.

Honestly - I *REALLY* want a 1920x1200 LED Backlit display and the 45nm processor. I have a Penryn T9300 Lenovo T61p and compared to my T60p with a T7600, its a BEAST.

22. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

As other members stated all i meant by my post was the fact that over the
    last few weeks there has been a number of first time posters coming onto
    these forums stating they know something about the updates that no one
    else knows.Im sorry you took my post in the wrong context as i have never
    claimed to be better than anyone else

23. Rot'nApple macrumors 65816

Rot'nApple

The authentification of these two "reports" will be when Steve Job's and Apple legal makes a call to Best Buy to take care of the "leaks".;)

Be careful BestBuy guys, Apple is kinda funny that way.:rolleyes:

First Amendment won't really fly, just ask the fine folks at www.thinksecret.com - :eek:

24. mac821 macrumors member

Too many people are suffering over this waiting game of MBP.
    We need to encourage each other, not the other way...
    it's all Apple's fault.