New Macbook Pro Penryn black vertical bars on screen

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Jas123, Apr 1, 2008.

1. Jas123 macrumors member

Could someone tell me if this problem is something that should concern me. The bars just appeared all of a sudden and did not go away till I rebooted the machine. It has not come back since but I am wondering if i have a serious defect here. Also I did try turning the screen off and on before I rebooted but that didn't do anything. Thanks,
    [​IMG]

2. MM07 macrumors 6502a

3. Jas123 thread starter macrumors member

It seems that thread focuses more on some yellow tint. This seems to be a little different. I'm looking for some quick answers. so please give me a summary and not a re-direction.

4. MM07 macrumors 6502a

Sorry, I linked to the wrong thread...I was just trying to help.

I do remember seeing threads on this...have fun looking for them.

5. Jas123 thread starter macrumors member

I appreciate that.. I wasn't trying to be rude. thanks, I'm just trying to figure out what to do with this machine.

6. MM07 macrumors 6502a

7. alanlindsay macrumors member

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=457156

Have a look here. I had a similar display glitch which was relieved by closing and reopening the lid. Hope it doesn't come back. It's not right so I'm sure if the problem persists Apple will fix this for you.

8. Zeos macrumors 6502

Happened to me once after I opened the lid and woke the MBP from sleep. I rebooted and all has been fine since. If it happens again, I will take a photo and bring it in to an Apple store.

9. longofest Editor emeritus

longofest

My less than 2 week old MBP also just got this. Cleared by closing/opening lid.

Happens again and I'm gonna give Apple a little chat.