New MacBook Pro with Runcore SSD Blazing Fast

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MadMacMax, Sep 26, 2009.

1. MadMacMax macrumors newbie

Just purchased a new 13 MacBook Pro with 4GB of Ram and the 2.53GHz Processor with Snow Leopard. Also purchased the Runcore Pro IV 256GB SSD
    *note photo is 64GB but looks the sames as 256GB [​IMG](after reading this review http://blogs.zdnet.com/Apple/?p=3811 ) after receiving the MacBook Pro I did some basic speed tests before and after install. It came with a kit that has a case so you simply clone your HD then swap them out then use your HD as an external USB drive pretty slick.

Bottom line this is the fastest MacBook I have ever seen and I love it. Especially rendering video..wow what a difference. See my crude speed test in a video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwF0b3vRuFQ

2. phixiuz macrumors regular

spam

and the Intel X25-M is clearly still faster.

3. Sneakz macrumors 65816

Sneakz

Its just another SSD with an Indilinx controller. Nothing amazing.

4. tempusfugit macrumors 65816

i hope you cure cancer with the extra 20 seconds of your life you will have by booting with this insanely expensive ssd

im not impressed in the least really, in fact your video makes me pretty confident that I won't get an ssd any time soon.

5. Davidkoh macrumors 65816

Seems quite slow? My MBP 13" with the Intel X25-M 160 Gb booted in 16 seconds...

6. CrackedButter macrumors 68040

CrackedButter

Wow this is a harsh and unimpressed audience!

7. shambo macrumors 6502a

shambo

8. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

Glad you're happy! After buying my MBA with SSD I can never go back. It just makes a great experience better.

9. Eshyn macrumors member

10. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

...SSD's are still too new tech, the price per GB isn't worth it yet = give it a year or two before you'll really see prices and tech worth investing your hard earned $$ on...

11. Rampant.A.I. macrumors 6502a

Sure seems like spam. Weird comments on the video, too.

Protip: If you're going to make fake usernames to comment in your own videos, make sure you don't put "Max" in all three.

12. Davidkoh macrumors 65816

Problem is, this whole thread is a big commercial for that drive, which also seems to be a slow drive, so I think it's quite misleading for people who do not know much about SSDs stating that 34 seconds is some insane speed.

13. capkapak macrumors newbie

Yeap seem like spam to me as well. This thread should be locked.

14. p3ncil macrumors regular

smells like advertising no offence.

15. electroshock macrumors 6502a

electroshock

Well, after further review, I'm less inclined to think it's spam. I think he's just really excited and enthusiastic about something cool he has. Look at his YouTube video uploads -- they're varied and mostly on other unrelated things.

16. Rampant.A.I. macrumors 6502a

Good deal, man. I see you took the advice and left "Max" out of this username! :D

Seriously though, it's still pretty suspicious that he signed up just to post a link to his Youtube videos and rave about the performance on an under-performing product.

And that 1 of only 3 comments to his Youtube video was made by someone with a similar username, talking about the release date of the chip.

Sure smells like a salty, chopped and formed meat product.

17. airplaneman macrumors 6502a

Glad you're happy. I'm thinking of getting myself an X-25 when the prices go down:). Sorry they're so many haters that assume bad faith...

18. akm3 macrumors 68020

The 34 second boot was the hard drive control. Then he clones and installs the SSD and does it again, where it (the SSD) boots in 15 seconds.

Again 34 seconds was the old style platter hard drive, 15 seconds was the SSD.

19. Davidkoh macrumors 65816

Makes sense :=) I didnt see the text that was up ;)

20. fehhkk macrumors 6502a

fehhkk

21. Davidkoh macrumors 65816

XBench doesn't say much for SSDs, it's giving alot slower speeds then you actually get. Every run is totally random too.

22. fehhkk macrumors 6502a

fehhkk

It does show the improved writes, and it does show your relative performance to what you have before.

23. Davidkoh macrumors 65816

Well no specifics since you can double your score on some of the tests if you just run the test again.

24. MadMacMax thread starter macrumors newbie

SPAM???? Wow you guys are tough

This was my first....and most likely last post in Macrumors jut wanted to share my excitement with my Mac, I am Windows convert and I'm really enjoying the Mac , but I am obviously not qualified to post here. I posted the video because I could not find a video that has used the runcore in a macbook pro.
    Anyway learned my lesson, I really don't have time to analyze things at the depth that many of you do ("the word max in each video comment" WTF) so believe what you want.
    Max

25. MadMacMax thread starter macrumors newbie

Xbench

Sorry don't even know what an xbench is...if you post a link I would be happy to download and run it