NEW Macbook speakers

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by KR80, Oct 14, 2008.

1. KR80 macrumors newbie

has any body in Macworld tried the new macbook speakers, how are they compared to the old macbook speakers, and same question about the new MBP vs old MBP
    thanks

2. ssnickerer macrumors newbie

bump, i've got the same question. the old macbook speakers were notorious for being too quiet.

3. gothamm macrumors 6502a

false.

maybe you are thinking the 1st gen. iphone, for some ridiculous reason.

4. iwuzbord macrumors 6502

iwuzbord

lol.
    my previous gen macbook wasnt quiet at all. i would expect some at least minor bump in audio after they increase the graphics capabilities.

5. jamesarm97 macrumors 65816

Same here, my C2D MBP speakers blow most other laptops away. Very loud and clear. I'm hoping the new MBP's are the same.

6. ptsube macrumors 6502

I can't compare to the old Macbook, but I can compare to the old MBP. They are slightly louder than my 1G MBP and more tinny.

7. Rumbach macrumors newbie

The old white macbook speakers were terribly quiet. The new aluminum macbook speakers are much, much improved.

8. fatefulwhisper macrumors regular

The new MacBook speakers are MUCH louder than the old (White) macbook speakers; I have the new MacBook speakers at 40-50%, which is equivalent to 100% on the old Macbook that I had. I can't even bring it up to 100% on the new one because it's too loud (I'm in a very quiet room).

9. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

Agreed. The new MB speakers are far and away better than the previous gen. ones.

10. cshale210 macrumors member

much much much better sound quality and loudness

11. jnguyen4 macrumors 6502

jnguyen4

ur crazy man.

12. Jpoon macrumors 6502

The plastic MacBook speakers are atrocious. They aren't even stereo LOL. And yes, they are extremely quiet.

13. Jollins macrumors regular

Jollins

My old rev-A core duo whitebook had incredibly quiet speakers and so did many other peoples'. Perhaps Apple improved it later on, but definitely not a false statement.

14. Davidkoh macrumors 65816

I had the late 2007 model before (whitebook) and I couldn't hear **** when I had em on max and there were more quiet parts in songs/movies (I got bad hearing on one ear). With the new one I hear perfectly :) They are alot better, and the MB is actually shaking from the bass in some songs :)

15. darijoe macrumors regular

Where the heck ARE the speakers on the MacBook? I was in a store today trying out one of them - absolutely amazing by the way - and I was trying to pinpoint where the sound was coming from. I couldn't freaking find them!! So where are they???

16. DannyBres macrumors 65816

DannyBres

I sounds like the noise is coming through the keys and they are a lot better than the whitebook They have an extra driver for sub aswell....:eek:

[​IMG]

From the Apple Store

17. King t. macrumors regular

got my alu MB 2,4 yesterday, and I can definitely say that the new speakers are way louder than the older MB's :rolleyes:

18. darijoe macrumors regular

Thanks so much DannyBres!!! :D That's cured my headache... ;)

19. Diversion macrumors 6502a

Diversion

Is it me or does it sound like both speakers are positioned more on the right side of the body? I have sensitive hearing and i'm really noticing the sound isn't evenly spread out.

20. Ironic macrumors 6502a

Ironic

21. iKennett macrumors 6502

Same! Going from an iBook to a AluMB... these speakers are LOUD.

22. hekokimushi macrumors regular

hekokimushi

what bass and treb quality are you getting from the audio output and the speakers?? i find them not too crisp on the bass even on the headphone.

built in speakers have very less bass.
    anywhere i can tweak this in OSX? (im a newbie)

23. tMac85 macrumors 65816

tMac85

MUCH better than before. i swear the have got to be twice as clear and 5 times louder.

i actually think they are louder than my SR MBP. though i havent tested it yet.

24. steve31 macrumors 6502a

steve31

I would say that they are much louder than the previous Macbook was. Although the new Macbook pro speakers are just spectacular. Better than most desk tops.

25. NATO macrumors 68000

NATO

I have to agree, the speakers in the new MB/MBP are incredible for a laptop. I was staying in Dublin last week and I had my laptop with me so I could surf the net and watch various movies/TV shows I had brought with me. I had the laptop on a little stand at the end of the bed and was controlling it from my Apple remote and it was crystal clear - I actually had it two or three notches from maximum volume and it was LOUD but still clear. I really am chuffed to bits with it :)