New Macbook..

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by maximumsportz, Sep 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maximumsportz macrumors regular

Hey guys, new user here.

Been holding off my new laptop purchase for the new macbook soon to be release (Watching mac rumors closely)

Long time PC user here ready to join the darkside and I'm excited.

Can't wait. Glad to be apart of this forum.

2. iwuzbord macrumors 6502

iwuzbord

first off... Welcome to the "dark side"

and secondly. my advice to you is not to wait.
    i just got my new macbook and love it!
    remember the fact that with a new piece of hardware, there will be problems, and by saying "hold off" it seems like you need it, and an unreliable machine wont really do you much good.

but then, that's just my opinion.

3. Compile 'em all macrumors 601

Compile 'em all

new macs will be out in 1-3 weeks and you are advising him to not wait?

fail.

4. MLDMB41 macrumors newbie

I feel your pain! My four-year old Compaq is on it's last leg and my student loan refund is sitting firmly in savings, waiting to be spent on a shiny new MacBook, which will be my first Mac. I am definitely in the "want it, but don't need it" category, so I'm holding off as long as I can because I want the "latest greatest", and I know that Apple will make it worth my wait. Hang in there! We're all with you!

5. maximumsportz thread starter macrumors regular

I'm aware of all the problems "THAT" could happen on a new build release but I'm willing to take this risk, because I know if I buy the current macbook no matter what I'll regret it. I'm sure no matter what, apple will back up all problems and fix them like they have with the current macbooks ie. when they would randomly reboot..ect..

I don't need one right now, I currently own a HP lap, but it's time for a upgrade so I rather wait and update correctly with the newest tech from apple.

6. Vulcan macrumors 65816

Vulcan

They never really fixed the random reboot issue...

Anyway, I was told they would be out in July. I'm not exactly sure how we could expect they could come out now...

I just bought a new one for the sake of avoiding a Rev A and in August when I got it, there was still two months of waiting. Life's too short to wait ;)

7. hogfaninga macrumors 65816

hogfaninga

I think a lot of people are going to be disappointed.

8. MLDMB41 macrumors newbie

9. *Sandy* macrumors 6502

Since you are new I would say wait, and see if you like the new look if not buy a refurb :)

10. nomad4 macrumors newbie

Oh how I wished that I had did some more research online before I bought my first Mac. I wish I saw this: http://guides.macrumors.com/MacBook_Buyer's_Guide

The recommendation is don't buy for now. Dang it, I just bought my black MacBook like...three weeks ago, for school.

So what's going to be nice about the new MacBook? If they're good enough I'm going to sell off this one, even if it's at a small loss.

P.S. I'm a new Mac user, have been for three weeks and counting, and absolutely love Macs now! Doesn't mean I'm turning into a fanboy though :p

11. cdbob macrumors member

I am stoked to get a new macbook / pro I wonder how it will compare to current macbook / pro, since I use them a lot

12. *Sandy* macrumors 6502

Why sell it its a great MB, I bought one and knew the new ones were coming out, I hate black keyboards so bought one now and its a great machine ,

13. nomad4 macrumors newbie

What would I possibly do with more than one Mac? Macs are so good that one is more than enough for me :p Nah, I recently bought a Blackbird 002 gaming PC for $3000, I can't justify this many purchases lol

14. hogfaninga macrumors 65816

hogfaninga

If you took advantage of the back to school deal you did better than those who were eligible and decided to wait IMO. Trust me IF they go to aluminum it will have problems, plus this current gen of Macbooks are pretty stable. I have had 2 gen 1's and they both had problems. While Apple fixes them you are still be w/o a computer for that time. This new gen coming will have its problems. I swore never to buy a gen 1 again. Let someone else be a guinea pig. You got a great laptop. Enjoy it and don't do the "what if" thing. In 9 months those who buy the new ones will have "old" ones b/c Apple will add another "new" one. It is a continuous cycle that never ends.

15. Rondue macrumors regular

ouch

Buying MacBooks at retail and selling it for a "small" loss... you are going to take a huge hit check ebay prices they are down big time.... Huge FAIL.

16. maximumsportz thread starter macrumors regular

Well if you can wait this long, you can wait a few weeks after the new macbook comes out to hear from all the first buyers about the "bugs and issues" and decide if it's a big enough issue to delay purchasing a macbook.

That's what I plan on doing, not jumping the gun right away once they release. Boy does the wait kill me though. I'm praying we hear something about it this week, hints,clues anything!!

17. hogfaninga macrumors 65816

hogfaninga

:) Sounds like a plan.

18. Vulcan macrumors 65816

Vulcan

To be completely honest, it sounds like hell.

...endless waiting for something that's simply been rumored.

19. hogfaninga macrumors 65816

hogfaninga

I agree. I don't feel sorry for anyone. They choose to wait.

20. JML42691 macrumors 68020

JML42691

Except there is no proof of an actual release in 1-3 weeks, for all any of us know, they might not release any new/updated MacBooks or MacBook Pros until Macworld '09, and I would never advise somebody to wait 3-4 months for a computer when we aren't talking about extraordinary changes. It is all about how each person feels about the rumors and whether to believe them or not, I for one do not believe the ones pointing to a NEW MacBook lineup in October like you are suggesting, maybe ones with UPDATED specs, but nothing new this soon.

21. tMac85 macrumors 65816

tMac85

i never understand why some people get so upset over people waiting. If they want to wait im sure they have a reason. Some by apple for performance. Some buy for design/looks/style. Some buy for looks+performance. If a new design is important to someone, and they dont care so much about GETTING IT NOW for performance needs, then why the hell cant they wait. the ones who say buy it now have a point, but you also are saying "just buy the operating system now. screw the way it looks"

let em live let em wait.

22. hogfaninga macrumors 65816

hogfaninga

Then people shouldn't ask for others opinions if they don't want them. Simple common sense says if people ASK for an opinion, people will give it to them. I never understood why the people who are waiting feel compelled to tell others who didn't what a mistake they made. See 2 people ( you and me) read the same thing, but get 2 different meanings out of things.

Buy if you want. Don't buy if you want. I doubt anyone on here cares what another poster does anyways. It isn't like we know that person.

23. AppleFanatic199 macrumors newbie

Glad to have you join us on the "Dark Side."

Hold off just a little bit more, the updates have been targeted for October 14, 2008.

I'm a Anxiously awaiting this update of the NoteBook line. :D

24. duskair macrumors newbie

My Dell 2350 has served it's purpose and my student aid refund will arrive Thursday via EFT and I simply can't wait anymore. I'm purchasing my MacBook as soon as I see the funds in my account. :apple:

25. hogfaninga macrumors 65816

hogfaninga

Congrats. You will love it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.