New MacBooks?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by bigapplegeek, Jun 10, 2008.

1. bigapplegeek macrumors newbie

bigapplegeek

I am going to get a MacBook soon but, I hear that Apple Should be coming out with new MacBooks soon. The iPod giveaway makes it even harder to wait! Also, I hope that the Macbook dosen't turn into another Macbook Air with an ipod Hard Drive.
    What would you do?
    I really need advice!
    Thanks.

Here is a Picture of the "New" MacBook:
    [​IMG]

or:
    [​IMG]

2. Shackler macrumors 6502a

Shackler

1. ugly
    2. ugly
    3. doesnt match any product in their line up.
    4. i do want an aluminnum MB july 15

3. kabunaru Guest

That would be fine if the keys and trackpad were aluminum. Also, the black border around the MacBook could've been smaller with more aluminum around it. Other than that, great idea and would probably work.

Edit: The 2nd one looks better.

4. Jmanstk macrumors member

god i hope it doesnt look anything like that... thats Fugly. I'm just not a big fan of the aluminum look, plus it can get dented really easily. hence the reason im getting my new blackbook on saturday :D

5. illidian macrumors 6502

Personally I'd love for the macbook to be aluminum, but I pray it would never look so bad as those mockups! Aluminum would mean it would be lighter and a bit smaller possibly, as well as it would look nice...but I keep reminding myself I shouldn't base opinions on such things :p

No, wait to see if they come out with a new macbook. Unless you desperately need it in the next few weeks, just wait till summers over to see if they update. Chances are they will update to montineva (cross fingers for a graphics card update...any update is an improvement) and the update will be shortly after release because Intel is really pushing the road map and outfazing their old chips right away. If anything it will be a newer platform with faster ram capacity and faster FSB's

7. kabunaru Guest

Be careful what you wish for. :p It might come true. ;)

8. cthomet macrumors regular

9. Jmanstk macrumors member

Meh, honestly when they do update them, i know i wont feel any remorse because in the end my blackbook will be plenty fast and still amazing. I'm tired of this waiting nonsense and just want it already.

I know that's not it, i just said i HOPE it doesnt look anything like that.

10. Westsider 4 Mac macrumors regular

Westsider 4 Mac

Anything that...

... pushes the MB look closer to my dream of a true 13 inch MBP spec laptop is fine with me. :D:apple:

11. mogzieee macrumors 6502a

Wow, coincidence, I was thinking about getting a new MacBook on July 13....

....but with the iPhone 3G two days before hand, Am I stupid to say that the store may be a little full up? lol

12. Westsider 4 Mac macrumors regular

Westsider 4 Mac

I agree...

... the current MB will carry Apple through most of the summer for sure. Especially with all hands on deck for the revealing of third leg of Apple product, the iphone.

13. cthomet macrumors regular

ugh apple has been putting a lot of focus on the iphone. call me crazy but im ready for their focus to shift back to computers...

14. Westsider 4 Mac macrumors regular

Westsider 4 Mac

I agree...

I completely agree. The iphone is not revelant to my reality. I am interested in notebooks and desktops, the items Apple used to pay attention to...
    What has happened to a promising Mac Mini is criminal.
    No Apple subnote book $$ wise ( the MBA is not a fit in this catagory)
    No midprice headless tower- The Mac Pro is overkill for most consumers.
    No update to ACD in at least 2-3 years!?! Wow...
    and the list goes on...

Clearly, Apple has done some products correctly as Those products drive traffic to the computer.The ipod changed the music industry and drove traffic to the computers. Unfortunately, the attention of Steve, thus Apple engineers is squarely on the iphone. Computers have been placed squarely on the backburner again.:apple:

15. The Killer Fuzz macrumors member

The Killer Fuzz

yeah, im really stuck between getting a new black macbook now or waiting for montevina to launch somewhere around july 12 or so...the aluminum macbook should (if it does come out) release with that launch...WHY APPLE! why do you make me wait..:rolleyes:...those mockups seem ok, but it seems WAY too much like the current MB just aluminum

16. Westsider 4 Mac macrumors regular

Westsider 4 Mac

don't sleep on the plastic case

I would not be shocked if a refreshed MB comes in a plastic casing. Better wireless area coverage and rough and tumble nature of students may keep this consumer MB in plastic.:apple:

17. The Killer Fuzz macrumors member

The Killer Fuzz

well if they released the update in plastic i would be ok with that, i just dont want to buy a blackbook now and a week later they release the aluminum one, so if by july 15 they dont release a new macbook, i will be the proud owner of a blackbook:D

18. tkiss macrumors regular

does anyone think that they will release the new Macbook with a REAL video card, instead of integrated graphics?

19. Holmes89 macrumors regular

Holmes89

No it would then take away from the Macbook Pro and also raise the price of the Macbook. Macbooks are consumer laptops and therefore need to be a little cheaper when it comes to things like graphics cards. If sources are correct the new Intel processor should have a new integrated graphics card as well as WiMax and I don't know about you but the WiMax is a little more exciting than a new graphics card.

20. tkiss macrumors regular

And i have heard that the Macbooks with LED screens wont ship until next year. Is that true?

21. Westsider 4 Mac macrumors regular

Westsider 4 Mac

that

has been a rumor floating, yes. :apple:

22. tkiss macrumors regular

That stinks. Why wouldn't they just incorporate the LED screens into the new Macbooks?

23. Westsider 4 Mac macrumors regular

Westsider 4 Mac

well...

... the rumor states L.E.D. screens for all notebooks by 2009 if I read it correctly so we will see. As far as LCD, I have to recant and say I am unsure of that rumor.:apple::eek:

24. aethelbert macrumors 601

Uh, they already use LCD screens...

25. Ryan T. macrumors 6502a

Ryan T.

Barring a special event I'd say it's fairly safe to buy a Macbook now if you don't mind missing a speed bump.

A major body redesign would merit some sort of press event/WWDC/MacWorld.