Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Vegerot

macrumors member
Original poster
May 14, 2009
Baltimore, Maryland
OMMFG (oh my mother ****ing god) IF YOU HAVE A MAC, LOOKING FOR A MAC, OR KNOW WHAT A MAC IS ,YOU HAVE TO SEE THIS VIDEO!!!!! http://www.apple.com/magicmouse/ and click the video in the bottom right corner) But my problem is that I know that Pro is better then Normal in every way so; HOW DO I GET THE KEYBOARD AND MOUSE FOR MY PRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gr8tfly

macrumors 603
Oct 29, 2006
~119W 34N
I'm not sure what you're asking.

If you have an older MacPro without Bluetooth, buy a USB adapter (D-Link DBT-120, for one).

Then, just buy the BT keyboard and MM.

lannister80

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2009
Chicagoland
You know, I'm not sure how to feel about clicking with this mouse (or the mighty mouse, which I've never used either).

I like to rest my fingers on the mouse buttons, then press to click. With these touch-mice, do I have to *lift* my finger and then put it back down to make a click? That would suck.

Can I just push slightly harder with my finger already resting on the mouse to make it click?

gr8tfly

macrumors 603
Oct 29, 2006
~119W 34N
You know, I'm not sure how to feel about clicking with this mouse (or the mighty mouse, which I've never used either).

I like to rest my fingers on the mouse buttons, then press to click. With these touch-mice, do I have to *lift* my finger and then put it back down to make a click? That would suck.

Can I just push slightly harder with my finger already resting on the mouse to make it click?

From what I've read from those who've used it, it clicks just like the current MightyMouse, i.e. a single click is a physical click. For right/secondary click, you do need your index finger lifted; but this is a pretty normal movement for most. I've tried to keep it down when right clicking and it's uncomfortable.

Did you click on the link i gave you and watched the video?!!!!

Seen it a couple of times. I guess I'm missing your point.

macnout

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2009
Please chill on the language

You can actually be passionate and tasteful at the same time. Really! :)

Zerozal

macrumors 6502
Apr 3, 2009
PA
I wish it had a corded option...

+1

I hate the idea of having to recharge batteries for my mouse, and having to keep multiple sets of batteries charged so that I can continue using what already works perfectly as a wired version with no muss and no fuss.

OrangeSVTguy

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2007
Northeastern Ohio
Wonder if Apple would ever bring a PowerMat option built-in to the wireless keyboard and mouse. I know I sure did hate to replace the batteries in my old wireless apple keyboard and mouse. Kept 2 sets of rechargeables so they was either in the keyboard/mouse or in the charger.

Same with their laptops. A sort of wireless "dock".

VirtualRain

macrumors 603
Aug 1, 2008
Vancouver, BC
OMMFG (oh my mother ****ing god) IF YOU HAVE A MAC, LOOKING FOR A MAC, OR KNOW WHAT A MAC IS ,YOU HAVE TO SEE THIS VIDEO!!!!! http://www.apple.com/magicmouse/ and click the video in the bottom right corner) But my problem is that I know that Pro is better then Normal in every way so; HOW DO I GET THE KEYBOARD AND MOUSE FOR MY PRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL... In all your excitement, I guess you missed this this... :p

Attachments

• mm.png
    mm.png
    83.7 KB · Views: 89

Cynicalone

macrumors 68040
Jul 9, 2008
Okie land
I wish it had a corded option...

+1

I hate the idea of having to recharge batteries for my mouse, and having to keep multiple sets of batteries charged so that I can continue using what already works perfectly as a wired version with no muss and no fuss.

+2

On my past attempts to use Apple Wireless Mice and Keyboard's I've found the bluetooth to be spotty at best.

JesterJJZ

macrumors 68020
Jul 21, 2004
+2

On my past attempts to use Apple Wireless Mice and Keyboard's I've found the bluetooth to be spotty at best.

Of all the wireless mice I've tried, non of them offer the exact, precise 1:1 hand to screen movement. Even the tinniest lag is too much for me.

Macinposh

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2006
Kreplakistan
+2

The first gen mm and the white keyboard are legendary.
I still have them practically unused in a plastic bag in the closet.
For now and then,just for ***** and giggles, I take them out and check if
they work.

And then I put them back and make myself a cup of coffee.

UltraNEO*

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2007
近畿日本
I must admit the new mouse looks swanky, mucho better than the previous version with the annoying ball that only gets stuck!

(insert profanity here! ) it's done it again...

I know it's early days but I wonder what sort of issues will develop.. Will the thing actually stay connected?
Up till now, I've had numerous replacement unMighty Mouse and they've all suffered the same fate (trashed).

What sort of powering does it have? (it doesn't say) Did Apple go completely green and integrated a user swappable lithium-ion battery in there, similar to the Logitecs? Cause that would save me a s**t loads of messing about looking for batteries with enough juice.

Cynicalone

macrumors 68040
Jul 9, 2008
Okie land
What sort of powering does it have? (it doesn't say) Did Apple go completely green and integrated a user swappable lithium-ion battery in there, similar to the Logitecs? Cause that would save me a s**t loads of messing about looking for batteries with enough juice.

Double A batteries. In theory they should last 4 months. I doubt it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.