New MBP are amazing and nobody's happy

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Cheerwino, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Cheerwino macrumors regular

2. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Yep, as always. People have to learn there's no such thing as perfection.

3. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

The only people who should be upset are people looking for a 13 inch. the 1280 X 800 resolution is embarrassing. The graphics card isn't so hot either.

4. philipma1957 macrumors 603

philipma1957

5. Sarngate macrumors regular

Stupid topic is stupid.

There are plenty of people who are happy. The 15'' and 17'' models are great and people buying those will love them i'm sure. The 13'' is a different story, it's a complete let down. Why no 1440*900 when the MBA can offer it ? Why only 7 hours of battery even though it's using the Intel GPU ?

6. tigress666 macrumors 68040

Sorry, but a 7 hour battery life (less than what I get on my 2010 in my own uses, not even talking about what was quoted for it by Apple), and the fact the graphics card at best probably isn't much better than mine, makes me very glad I got the 2010.

I guess if you don't game at all or want any gaming capability and don't think you'll ever want it unplugged for a long time it would be a great upgrade. But that doesn't fit my use, so, the 2010 is most definitely a good fit for me.

And I'm definitely not impressed by losing that much battery life.

No, but there are things such as things that are important to you and for me, the new MBP failed at being good at that. Yes, nothing is perfect. But you do have to look at something, decide what is important for you, decide if the good stuff about it makes up for hte shortcomings (and if the shortcomings are something that are important to you). And well, the 2011 compared to my 2010... for me the 2010 is a much better fit. Which from my POV, means it kinda sux the older computer is better.

But, I won't blame Apple fully on this, they couldn't help the C2D's going away so they had no choice on graphics chips but they couldn't find a way to keep the battery life at least near the same?

7. JasonH42 macrumors 6502

I'm happy too! :)

Because the case hasn't changed my wife won't notice when I upgrade. :D

8. mark28 macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; nl-nl) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Get an external IPS display. Dell is selling IPS display cheaply that are of same quality of what Apple is selling.

The i5 is a pretty good workhorse. The GPU sucks for a $1200 laptop, but why would you buy a Mac for gaming?

I'm sure the intel H3000 runs WOW which is the best game on Mac.

9. pricej636 macrumors 6502

Good grief... everyone wanted an i5 in t he 13", but then turn around a complain about battery life? There is a trade-off people. You cant have your cake and eat it too.