New MBP This Tuesday

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jade, Jan 21, 2008.

1. jade macrumors 6502

Remember how all throughout 2005 there was a rumor every week on the G5 Powerboooks?

And every Tuesday there was anticipation of a new Powerbook?

Well I think that the same is happening now. Where are the new MBPs? With the magnetic latch? And the multitouch touch pad? And the redesigned case. Do you think a few of the elements from the MBA will make it into a revised MBP. Will we see something with graduated thinness like the MBAs? A cool port cover? The elimination of Firewire ports? Reduced packaging?

2. CaptainCaveMann macrumors 68000

CaptainCaveMann

Here's to hoping! ;)

3. gazfocus macrumors 68000

gazfocus

LOL. For the people that are waiting (myself included), part of the fun is all the speculation and then the disappointment that the update hasn't come when we wanted it.

I'm waiting for an update because I don't need a new laptop as I have a Windows laptop for work, and I am happy using that until the new MBP's are released.

4. ggpike macrumors member

Haha, yes! One of the most addicting games ever! I got my MBP in Nov of 06 and even though it's performing beautifully (except for losing the HD on month 3) I would love to update to a MBP with an improved GPU. So . . . I'm game! New MBP tomorrow! :D

5. gescom macrumors regular

gescom

I heard it was Wednesday because of MLK day.

J/K :D

6. forrest368 macrumors member

What time does apple usually update their website when something new comes out? Is it right at 12:01 or like 8 am? I'm hoping and praying that something comes out tomorrow!

7. 7even macrumors 6502a

8. SheriffParker macrumors 6502a

SheriffParker

9. heatmiser macrumors 68020

No new Macbook Pro tomorrow. You heard it here first.

10. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Apple usually waits till Wednesday if Monday was a holiday. ;)

11. forrest368 macrumors member

Ok great, that wasn't the question. Would anyone care to answer the question?

12. gazfocus macrumors 68000

gazfocus

You mean I'm gonna have to wait a whole extra day to find out if there's something new???

13. djinn macrumors 68000

djinn

gazfocus, you too use your own laptop for work? I'm contemplating whether or not to buy a Macbook.

14. mag2001 macrumors 6502

why do you think they wouldn't? It is very possible it can happen.

15. wentwj macrumors regular

It's possible, but the odds are almost certainly below 50%, so the safe bet is on them not updating them tomorrow.

Though I REALLY hope they do update it soon, because I've decided to wait until they update, and since I'll be giving away my MB next week, I won't really have a computer until the MBP is updated, and shipped (I'll be using my girlfriends old PC desktop I built for a her a few years ago... but I hardly call that a computer)

16. thebeat macrumors regular

Yah Heatmaster, why the hell do you think there won't be any tomorrow? It can very well happen tomorrow. Stop putting stuff down you %%%%

17. gazfocus macrumors 68000

gazfocus

Hi djinn. My laptop was actually provided by my work (I do IT support at the university I study at). I am mainly looking for a MBP for my own personal projects (I do a bit of music recording, video editing, etc, but nothing heavy), and I am also considering buying a MacBook over the summer to use as my 'work' laptop rather than this horrible Windows thing :p

18. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

Things to pray for: new MBPs. I'm sure you could think of something more worthwhile.

19. aiterum macrumors 6502

aiterum

20. gazfocus macrumors 68000

gazfocus

Wish I had your patience :)

21. teleromeo macrumors 65816

teleromeo

Jobs would have announced it last week if this was going to happen. The newly introduced Macbook air is shipping in a few weeks so it would be a strange to introduce another new model one week later. You'll have to wait at least until the first air models are shipping to see it introduced. Also, if it is announced in one of the next weeks I guess it will be shipping the same day.

22. gazfocus macrumors 68000

gazfocus

yeah, silent updates are usually ready to be shipped that day.

Also, if it's a silent update, it won't detract from the MBA at all, afterall they are 2 completely different machines for 2 completely different markets.

The MBP updates were initially scheduled to be announced with the MBA at MWSF.

23. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

And how did you come to that bit of knowledge? Apple never uses Macworld to display hardware upgrades, it's a waste of time, that's why the Mac Pro upgrade came a few days before Macworld.

24. cafeCarl macrumors newbie

You know, the only time I was ever checking websites daily for updates was when the new AMD Opterons were coming out...

25. gazfocus macrumors 68000

gazfocus

AppleInsider (who have an excellent track record for being accurate)