New Michael Jackson album

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by My name is Alex, Nov 8, 2010.

1. My name is Alex, Nov 8, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2010

My name is Alex macrumors regular

My name is Alex

There's a new Michael Jackson album coming out on the 14th of December called 'Michael', and you can hear the first single of it at this website:

http://breakingnews.michaeljackson.com/

What do you guys think of the song. I personally reckon it's good and I hope the rest of the album is as good.

Edit: Just letting people know that Breaking News has been taken off the website for streaming, however now you can listen to Hold my Hand, a duet with Akon that was leaked a few years ago but sounds a lot better now.

2. rprebel macrumors 6502

rprebel

If there's a duet with Tupac on that album, I'll buy it.

3. My name is Alex thread starter macrumors regular

My name is Alex

Haha that would be cool but I don't think so

4. echeck macrumors 68000

echeck

I like it.

The sad part is knowing that we'll never be able to seen him perform it live. That was half of the excitement of new Michael albums.

I don't think we'll ever see another performer like him.

5. Merthyrboy macrumors 6502

Were they just like all the songs that didn't make it onto albums? Michael liked having stuff done the way he wanted to but let's see how it sounds first.

6. My name is Alex thread starter macrumors regular

My name is Alex

Hopefully the rest if the album sounds like this song, I'll be happy. I'm still buying it, but yeah, the 'This is it' concert would've been the best concert ever. Hopefully he has more unreleased tracks around.

7. BornAgainMac macrumors 603

BornAgainMac

How is this possible? I didn't think he was even preparing anything new before the end.

8. mkjj macrumors 6502a

mkjj

It has been reported he was, had all songs on hard drives which he kept hold of.

I had tickets for the o2 on 20th Feb, as others have said, seeing the clips on This Is It, it would have been spectacular. Saw him on the Bad tour here in Liverpool many moons ago!

9. leomac08 macrumors 68020

leomac08

TMZ, and other radio stations here in LA, call this album a pure handout made for executives to capitalize on the death of MJ. Christmas season, cmon they want people to buy this and make huge money out of a guy that is dead.... and people are saying these aren't even his words. MJ was a perfectionist and this album is Britney Spears material. The first song or single is about MJ talking about himself in first person....with a weird techno beat...highly unusual of him

Well that's all I heard about the criticism of his new album

10. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Would Joe Jackson do this??

You bet your frickin' life he would!!!

A sleaze, in the skin of a Human Being.

11. Cheffy Dave macrumors 68030

Cheffy Dave

Sunny Florida, on the Gulf Coast in Homosassa Fl
    Finally some truth, Daddy is a sleaze;)

12. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

The single is crap! Its along the lines of the Invincible Album which wasnt exactly a great success. There is also a big debate that its not even him singing. The first time i heard it I thought it wasnt him, then i read about everyone else thinking the same. I have over 400 MJ songs in my iTunes library. I know what he sounds like. It ain't him and the song is crap!

I seriously hope the other tracks are WAY better than the single.

13. notjustjay macrumors 603

notjustjay

Will MJ's estate be receiving the royalties from this album?

14. My name is Alex thread starter macrumors regular

My name is Alex

I think so

15. AAPLaday, Nov 13, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2010

AAPLaday Guest

AAPLaday

This, along with the fact that it doesn't sound like him stood out to me right away. I have only heard the track 'Breaking News' but it doesn't sound to me as if it is him. He always seemed humble to me and even though he achieved so much i can never once remember him bragging at all. The way the song goes he is really bigging himself up. Just sounds so wrong. Also i can only really hear him on certain background parts of the chorus. The rest sounds like an impostor. :mad:

16. MichealForever macrumors newbie

I've been a Michael fan all my life, i'm only seventeen but he has always been a part of me.
    I think the idea of the 'Michael' album is sick, i hate how they're still trying to make money out of his death.
    At the height of hypocrisy,
    I still went and bought it, and i was surprised to be dissapointed when i heard it, i love everyone of MJs songs, so this new sound came as a shock.
    There's no emotion in it at all, and there's alot of computerised music & sounds, They try to cover over the computerised voice with alot of techno beats ect., i just feel it's not like Michael, y'know?

Does anyone else feel the same?

--------------------------------
    The King of Pop will live on forever ♥

17. gnasher729 macrumors P6

gnasher729

If we are discussing music here, start iTunes, go to the store, enter "Joe Jackson" and you will find some music that beats anything Michael Jackson has ever done.

18. angrystroker macrumors newbie

angrystroker

19. AAPLaday Guest

AAPLaday

Michael Jacksons dad

20. dXTC macrumors 68020

dXTC

A common confusion, this.

I will agree with gnasher729 that Joe Jackson, the British pop/rock/jazz performer, is a good all-around musician. I have his "You Can't Get What You Want ('Til You Know What You Want)" and his signature US hit "Steppin' Out" on my iPod right now.

I haven't heard any of the new material yet, but Michael will probably never sound the same again. It's way too easy for producers to muddle with a vocal track to fit the music mix. A real MJ fan's dream, IMHO, would be a release of the demos Michael recorded for these songs, with no post-mortem alterations.

21. JackHobbs macrumors regular

JackHobbs

Sadly for Michael Jackson he was the cash cow for the rest of the family. This saga is going to be just like Elvis, John Lennon, etc. etc. They will be discovering unknown tapes for years. It could be unfinished work, rejected work or even stuff that Michael just did for his own amusement but it won't matter, there will be MJ fans out there who will buy anything. The Jackson family led by Joe will just be eying the cash.
    :(

22. dXTC macrumors 68020

dXTC

Sadly, I must agree. The only Jackson making money from his/her own success now is Janet.

I had read in an article published just after MJ's death that claimed several albums' worth of finished or nearly finished songs from throughout his career that were not included on his official releases. Either MJ or the producers didn't think the songs would fit thematically or there simply wasn't enough room and the record company wouldn't cough up the up-front costs for manufacturing a 2-disc set. So yeah, there will be "new" material for some time to come.

There were rumors of Joe trying to turn MJ's three kids into a new generation of performing Jacksons. Thanks goodness that appears to be off the table for now.

23. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

I bought the box set with the DVDs and everything for my girlfriend for Christmas, and it came with a digital download, so I figured why not listen to it before giving it to her.

I must say, his older songs are definitely a lot better. But, I'm not saying this album isn't good, it's decent at best. Not like his older stuff.