New Mighty Morphing Power Rangers Movie

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by jav6454, Aug 19, 2014.

1. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

People who grew up in the '90s rejoice and prepare for some nostalgia!

Apparently there is a new movie coming out. Being produced by Lionsgate and with a stated release date for 2016. Oh, and its a reboot... so we can expect somethings new.

IGN Link

Link 2

2. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all

3. LordQ Suspended

LordQ

I really rejoiced! Let's hope it's better than Dragon Ball and Speed Racer!

4. iBanker macrumors regular

5. jav6454 thread starter macrumors P6

jav6454

Apparently it is not mainstream Hollywood making it. It is directly under Saban's directorship with elements from the original franchise. Yes, Jason D. Frank (the original green/white ranger) has announces he will participate in it.

6. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

Not to mention the third red ranger and sixth black ranger. He is seriously dedicated to the franchise.

7. Jws macrumors regular

Yeah, too bad he was a bully. You can just see how David Yost reacts when he see JDF in this clip: http://youtu.be/jvLwO8QZI7Q

If you listen carefully you can hear JDF call him "Gayvid." I think they've reconciled to some extent since then. I remember watching a panel on YouTube where they were playing pranks on each other.

Watching that video makes me miss Thuy Trang. She seemed like the sweetest person ever. It is truly a tragedy what happened to her.

I may go see this as long as it isn't unwatchable. I was the biggest fan of Power Rangers until after the second movie when all of the baddies were basically glorified bombs. That turned me off, but I was really out of the demographic for Power Rangers at that point. I was so into it that I watched it longer than I probably should have!

I would have my mom tape each episode in the morning since I couldn't finish them because of leaving for school. Turning on the VCR was the first thing I did every afternoon after school. :)

8. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Ugh, never cared for Power Rangers so I won't be seeing this.

9. Nervana macrumors newbie

10. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

Sweet, did you guys know the red ranger recently killed his roommate with a samurai sword?

----------

Really? I was obsessed. I had power ranger underwear. I used to run around the house not wearing anything but power ranger underwear and pretending to fight bad guys. But then I turned 20 and said enough is enough.

11. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

He's not the red ranger. That's Austin St. John, and he's completely normal as far as anyone can tell.

----------

Every time dragonzord comes out, he destroys private property. Any time a Zord gets used, it's a huge tragedy.

12. ipodlover77 macrumors 65816

ipodlover77

The one that stabbed his roommate wasn't St. John (the original red ranger). I believe it was a red ranger from the later series. Google says his name is.........searching......Ricardo Medina Jr.

13. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

14. D.T. macrumors 604

D.T.