New Mighty Mouse? Rumor on the interwebs

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by petermcphee, Dec 19, 2008.

1. petermcphee macrumors 6502a

petermcphee

[​IMG]

I like it. It would be pretty cool to have this as a side-kick to the aluminum late 2008 MacBooks.

What do you think?

2. Lava Lamp Freak macrumors 65816

I'd rather they just knock $30 off the price of the computer so I can buy a mouse of my choice.

3. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

4. JBazz macrumors 6502

Nice looking, I like the lines. But it would need something more to get me to leave my MS arc, which btw goes wonderfully with the black/alum color scheme on the new macbooks.

5. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

What a pain in the arse - can't figure out how doing multi-touch gestures on a moving, curved surface would be good?

So we do a pinch but the mouse squirrels around under your hand and the multi-touch area curves away? So how do you maintain control?

I'd like to see the Apple wireless keyboard mated with a multi-touch trackpad next to it - someone did a mockup a while back and it looked great.

6. polishmacuser macrumors 6502a

polishmacuser

it does look nice but scrolling with multitouch eh idk i would have to see im just going to stick with my logitech :)

7. drichards macrumors 6502a

drichards

8. Dmac77 macrumors 68020

Dmac77

I like the design, but... it's a mighty mouse so it will suck.

Don

9. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Found it - Multi-touch trackpad + keyboard.

Now, forget the clickwheel/number pad overlays - I would buy one of these in a heartbeat rather than a new mouse.

[​IMG]

From Crunchgear.

10. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

... this is exactly like being racist, except to a mighty mouse which is much better quality than Logitechs by far. My MX revo ( in the trash, the 5 one I bought/returned/exchanged ) had the paint worn off in one day of light use. The rubber peeled off. The whole thing was cheaply designed and felt really uncomfortable.

Now that trackpad on the aluminum keyboards look really intriguing...

11. Dmac77 macrumors 68020

Dmac77

I'm sorry, but the Mighty Mouse, is the most uncomfortable unusable POS that I have ever used (next to my Dell). I personally love my MX Revolution, and I can't stand any other mouse.

Don

12. petermcphee thread starter macrumors 6502a

petermcphee

That trackpad thing is pretty cool looking. I think that the AluMacBook glass trackpad has such a great feel to it, I would like to see that surface emulated on something like the trackpad you posted.

13. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

I dont really care what the mighty mouse looks like, apple just needs to fix its usability as currently the mighty mouse is a piece of ****.

Every time the mighty mouse tempts me back into using it because of its nice design/look and after a few hours the scroll gets stuck or it sinks in and never works right and pisses the hell out of me, the left or right click sometimes gets screwy and isnt always 100% accurate (why wont they just make it 2 separate clicks??). And the side button which is the most uncomfortable piece of trash I've ever used.

Sorry I have about 4 of the mighty mouse (been through 3 mac pros and got them free anyways) and its a piece of trash.

Sure it looks pretty but it collects dust and smears with nasty black marks very easily and did I mention the scroll wheel is absolutely useless??

I've had my logitech mx400 mouse and you can configure the 2 side buttons to activate spaces and expose, it works like a charm and I've used this mouse for the past 4 years and still working exactly as it did since day one.

14. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

I'm afraid you are correct. My Mighty Mouse was great while it worked, but I ended up having to clean it every few days, and no cleaning technique worked consistently or for long. My mouse is supposed to work for me, not make me its slave, so I reluctantly replaced it. Unless Apple changes the technology, I'm sticking to Logitech or even Macally.

However, the Mighty Mouse is still a lot better than the Apple hockey puck mouse ever was!

15. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Just because you received a lemon for a mouse, doesn't mean ALL of them suck. I have used mine for several months ( like 4-5 ) and I still only did one thing to it. Changed the batteries. I'm not an OCD guy either, so it does get slightly normal to heavy usage daily. My friends who own it as well have no problems. I do understand there are problems, but not as major as you guys exaggerate it to be.

16. petermcphee thread starter macrumors 6502a

petermcphee

Heard that noise! Mine is great too. Every time I read the posts on this board where people express frustration with the MM, I feel lucky that mine has been so great.

17. miki66 macrumors 6502

miki66

i really like the aluminum texture but not those two pointy edges
    plus multi-touch pad looks awkward within the design...... anybody bia me?

18. kolax macrumors G3

That is exactly what I want! A trackpad attached to a keyboard - I'm just too used to the trackpad.

19. zer0tails macrumors 65816

zer0tails

my mighty mouse works great, BUT you have to admit, Logitech knows how to make a great mouse, better than Apple too.

As much as i love my MM i wouldn't claim it's better than a MX revolution. It works but not better.

20. yoyo5280 macrumors 68000

yoyo5280

I highly disagree. Its very comfortable, and very usable (until the scrolly ball gets dirty. curse you apple)

21. Sehnsucht macrumors 65816

[​IMG]

Weak sauce! THIS Mighty Mouse is so much better! :D :D

[​IMG]

22. IgnatiusTheKing macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

New Mighty Mouse at Macworld (or shortly thereafter)?

Just saw this article on CNET but haven't seen anything about it over here (yes, I did a search). It sounds pretty cool but I'm not sure if I'd like it. Seems like it would take a long time to get used to.

Attached Files:

23. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

I love the idea, though. Get rid of the sticky scroll sphere entirely.

24. kap91 macrumors member

Oh my god apple I've been saying this to myself forever. Please come out with it I will buy it in a heartbeat!

25. gumbyx84 macrumors 6502

gumbyx84