New Msn For Mac ?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Antidoll, May 16, 2009.

1. Antidoll macrumors regular

Does anyone know anything about a new msn for Mac and when is it supposed to come out???

we need a freaking good msn with video support. it's been far too long. :(

2. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

Haha, don't start waiting.

You can use Mercury Messenger or aMSN in the meantime. One of them supports video, I don't remember which.

3. Sehnsucht macrumors 65816

They both do, but they're both sucktacular. Especially Mercury. ;)

4. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

I don't use either, just heard/read of them.

5. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

Just think of how long they took to release Vista, waiting for a new Messenger client for us, I am afraid would take even longer :(

6. MrZebra macrumors regular

I wish iChat would support msn protocol; I know it's wishful thinking but still...As of yet, Adium as served me well though even without videochat features.

7. youssefm macrumors 6502

Yeah, I use adium also, and meebo if I want to video chat, iChat sucks to me, so does aMSN (its ugly lol) so I hope they create a good version of msn with video support for macs

8. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

I hope they come out with a new version as well. Missing out on video chat and able to talk to people when they appear offline. You can still talk to someone offline only if they initiate it and you only have a limited amount of time to reply or you get that contact is offline, can't send message error.

9. steveca macrumors 6502

i guess holding apple back is the logical move from microsoft. Unfortunately we have to wait. I heard that they are working on it pero... lets hope this is good

10. grapemac macrumors regular

i hear there's a beta out at the moment which includes video support. however, it's not widely available. but i would imagine it means the next version of MSN will have videochat enabled.

11. JDee macrumors 6502a

I hope to God there is a new MSN - doesn't even support nudges or sending voice messages.

I'm embarrased lol.

12. PolySciSurfer macrumors 6502

Adium still doesn't have video support? What is up with that? It's been out forever... :confused:

13. BrownManUPS macrumors 6502a

BrownManUPS

It's up on their list I'm sure. In the meantime, I think you should use Skype. It has better connection quality anyway.

14. JoeDRC macrumors 6502

i love adium, i had msn for mac for a while and as soon as i switched to adium if prefered it so much.

Video chat is what I really want though, aMSN didn't work for me (plus it was fugly)

15. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

The beta is horrible. Don't even waste your time with it lol

16. BlackLight macrumors regular

BlackLight

im am currently using the beta msn messenger 8(as i type) and it hasn't failed me so far..tested the a/v function and its works really well..that's the only thing ive seen that's changes ...UI is still the same.
    couple of things i would like is that you can see who has web cam or not, definite change in the UI it desperately needs a face lift, more customization options(themes), ability to add plug ins , offline messaging.......thats what i can think of soo far..anything else i left out?

17. viperguy macrumors 6502

viperguy

It`s weird. I can see my msn contacts custom emoticons but they can`t see any of my adium emoticons, custom or not. And there`s still the lack of video chat, of course.
    but other than that, adium is a wonderful messenger in my opinion! :)

18. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

Microsoft needs to make the mac version of MSN on par with their Windows version. I expect nudges, and everything you see in windows. Why not just port the Windows version over? This is unacceptable

19. yojitani macrumors 68000

yojitani

This doesn't really answer your question: google chat now has video support. Everyone has a gmail account. You could use it instead?

20. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

Google Talk isn't available on Mac OS X...

21. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

iChat in Leopard has an option for it, so it is available for Mac OS.

There is also the web client, which I despise. There is no point in going to a web client on a computer that is your own, and is not a public computer. Take the few extra steps and get the application or configure the ones you got! (I am talking about people who go to gmail.com in safari, when Apple Mail is right there!)

22. ebika macrumors 6502

23. Antidoll thread starter macrumors regular

just wondering, where can I get it from? the beta version I mean? that would be great to have ... for the time being...

24. andalusia macrumors 68030

andalusia

25. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

One can only wish.