Resolved New Nvidia Web Driver has my 1080 TI's working in HS 10.13. Sort of...

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Dr. Stealth, Sep 29, 2017.

1. Dr. Stealth thread starter macrumors 6502

Agreed. The last thing I ever want to see is a 'glitch' during an install. It's usually all downhill from there... =)

2. namethisfile macrumors 6502a

namethisfile

Glad you figured this out. Why did you Disable SIPS in the the first place? And, does enabling SIP, even if it fixes your issue described here, leave the other thing you needed to do to disable SIPS in a conundrum?

3. Dr. Stealth thread starter macrumors 6502

I need to disable SIP occasionally for some programs to work properly. One is WinClone. It's easy to disable SIP do what you need to do and then re-enable SIP. I've heard that there is no reason to have SIP enabled and that it won't cause any problems if you leave it disabled. But I found that's not the case.

4. ctrlzone macrumors regular

ctrlzone

5. chris1111 macrumors newbie

chris1111

The real thing is the Package NVIDIA 10.13 HS haves a flag for the SIP in the preinstall script
    see this is the same message in the Popup

[​IMG]

End of script

[​IMG]

6. Asgorath macrumors 65816

Right, it very clearly looks like the installer needs SIP enabled for it to work correctly. Gatekeeper appears to do something to the binaries to make them allowed to be loaded when you hit "Allow" in the Security preferences. If SIP is disabled, that step is done done by the OS, and thus the driver might not load properly.

I don't think you need to have SIP enabled after you've successfully installed the driver, it should be fine to go back to disabling whatever parts of SIP you need to.