Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jimbo1mcm

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 21, 2010
What are the chances for the new Iphone to be out this summer? I don't feel like waiting until late September ( go ahead and flame me ). Summer is the most active time of the year. I hope these "leaks" about the new phones are not just Apple's way of hoping you will hold off until they deliver the phones this fall.

virginblue4

macrumors 68020
Apr 15, 2012
United Kingdom
What are the chances for the new Iphone to be out this summer? I don't feel like waiting until late September ( go ahead and flame me ). Summer is the most active time of the year. I hope these "leaks" about the new phones are not just Apple's way of hoping you will hold off until they deliver the phones this fall.

It's almost guaranteed it will be September onwards not summer. Obviously only Apple know for sure, but it's very unlikely to be summer.

Last edited:

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
What are the chances for the new Iphone to be out this summer?.
I'd say the chances of an iPhone this summer are exceedingly strong - Summer is when Apple updates it iPhone line, why change what works for them now

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I have to agree and we will be seeing the new and LARGER iPhone 6 this summer. :p

That will be nice, I almost got a Samsung Note III this past year because I wanted a larger phone but I chose to stay on iOS and my iPhone 5

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
What are the chances for the new Iphone to be out this summer?
Very high.

The last day of summer is Sept 21. And based on the last 3 iPhone releases, you have a very good chance of a new iPhone by this date.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
Chances are high but I don't think it's the time of summer you are hoping for. :)

jimbo1mcm

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 21, 2010
Very high.

The last day of summer is Sept 21. And based on the last 3 iPhone releases, you have a very good chance of a new iPhone by this date.

Funny. I was stupid enough to jump from the Iphone 4 to the Galaxy S3 for the larger screen, then back to the Iphone , then back to the Galaxy S4. ( Sounds like a tennis match eh? ). Then back to the Iphone 5S. Even though the Galaxy S5 with bells and whistles and screen size and resolution will be out this early summer, I will NOT JUMP THIS TIME. I am cured. I'll wait it out.

imanidiot

macrumors 6502a
May 1, 2011
Denver, CO
What are the chances for the new Iphone to be out this summer? I don't feel like waiting until late September ( go ahead and flame me ).

I'm pretty sure that if you contact Apple and explain to them that you don't feel like waiting, they'll be happy to oblige you and rush out a new phone. Because I mean, why wouldn't they?

jimbo1mcm

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 21, 2010
I'm pretty sure that if you contact Apple and explain to them that you don't feel like waiting, they'll be happy to oblige you and rush out a new phone. Because I mean, why wouldn't they?

Thanks. Instead of calling, I'll send Tim an email. He gets up at 3 and reads his email from customers. Should I ask him if the new phone will have a sapphire screen?

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Nov 15, 2012
I'd say the chances of an iPhone this summer are exceedingly strong - Summer is when Apple updates it iPhone line, why change what works for them now

huh? i would agree up until the 4S. 2G, 3G, 3GS, 4, are all summer releases. the past 3 have been fall.. 4S, 5, 5s.

so here's the deal, if apple releases 2 larger phones this year, then we could get a summer release for one and the other in the fall OR both of them will jut be released in the fall or both in the summer. i think they will announce it at WWDC 2014 and won't be out until fall.

imanidiot

macrumors 6502a
May 1, 2011
Denver, CO
Thanks. Instead of calling, I'll send Tim an email. He gets up at 3 and reads his email from customers. Should I ask him if the new phone will have a sapphire screen?

Say you're asking for a sapphire screen as a personal favor to you, and I'm pretty sure it will have one. Because why not?

Last edited:

sixrom

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2013
Apple better get with the program fast, tiny phones aren't going to cut it for another three years.

I really like my 5S, but it's collecting dust due to being too small. What was fine a few years ago only works for those who don't know any better. Our if you don't need a smartphone which is the overwhelming case with many iPhone lovers.

I get so much _more_ done, faster and easier with SWYPE and the spacious display on my Nexus 5. Had Apple remained relevant and kept up with Google, I'd still be using an iPhone today.

It's a shame that Apple pushed so many customers into the competitors hands.

jimbo1mcm

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 21, 2010
Say you're asking for a sapphire screen as a person favor to you, and I'm pretty sure it will have one. Because why not?

I'll ask to be a beta tester on one of the 100 sapphire screen Iphones that Foxconn has assembled for testing.

imanidiot

macrumors 6502a
May 1, 2011
Denver, CO
Apple better get with the program fast, tiny phones aren't going to cut it for another three years.

I really like my 5S, but it's collecting dust due to being too small. What was fine a few years ago only works for those who don't know any better. Our if you don't need a smartphone which is the overwhelming case with many iPhone lovers.

I get so much _more_ done, faster and easier with SWYPE and the spacious display on my Nexus 5. Had Apple remained relevant and kept up with Google, I'd still be using an iPhone today.

It's a shame that Apple pushed so many customers into the competitors hands.

Perhaps if you emailed Tim and explained to him that your 5S is collecting dust because...nevermind.

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
huh? i would agree up until the 4S. 2G, 3G, 3GS, 4, are all summer releases. the past 3 have been fall.. 4S, 5, 5s.

so here's the deal, if apple releases 2 larger phones this year, then we could get a summer release for one and the other in the fall OR both of them will jut be released in the fall or both in the summer. i think they will announce it at WWDC 2014 and won't be out until fall.

Call it was you will, but factually, the last two iPhones have come in September. Ahead of the autumn equinox, the first day of fall. Which puts the launch during summer.

Not by much, granted, but it's as much summer as it was fall.

sixrom

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2013
Perhaps if you emailed Tim and explained to him that your 5S is collecting dust because...nevermind.

Previously it was "email Steve" now it's email Tim.

The thought of a CEO responding to a customer, when the company dictates what they build with little regard for what the customer wants, is absurd.

SomeGuyDude

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2011
NEPA
Previously it was "email Steve" now it's email Tim.

The thought of a CEO responding to a customer, when the company dictates what they build with little regard for what the customer wants, is absurd.

You'd almost think people were being sarcastic or something. :rolleyes:

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
I'm 99.95% sure it will come out in September. I other 1.05% is the chance apple announces it at WWDC so developers optimize for the screen size. But it's highly unlikely.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Call it was you will, but factually, the last two iPhones have come in September. Ahead of the autumn equinox, the first day of fall. Which puts the launch during summer.

Not by much, granted, but it's as much summer as it was fall.
Do people socially really go by those scientific definitions or usually more colloquial ones where summer is usually simply the months of June, July, and August.

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
Do people socially really go by those scientific definitions or usually more colloquial ones where summer is usually simply the months of June, July, and August.
Sept definitely still summer. 'socially' it's still short sleeve warm weather.

First weekend of Oct 131marathon here kicks of the migration from the big summer cycling events to the fall running season events.

Also for skiing, winter solstice kicks off winter, coincides when the lift tickets hike in price for the first day of winter.

Society has followed the sky for seasons for generations.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.