New Pokemon game

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Dagless, Jan 29, 2010.

1. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

A wild New Pokemon game appears!

http://uk.ds.ign.com/articles/106/1065010p1.html

No details yet other than it will have new Pokemon, new region and new gameplay concepts and will be out in Japan later this year. My mind... she is a blown. I wasn't expecting a whole new generation so soon. Even though 4 years does seem to be the running figure for a new gen.

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Not that I don't like Pokemon, but at this point, there is hardly any market left... I mean, all the Pokemon generation has grown up and the show isn't that strong anymore to crop up more.

3. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

That's not entirely true. The DS series has been phenomenal. Even as a kid I never bothered with anything but the main RPG series so I can't comment on the shows :p.

4. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Lol, not the character generation, I mean the fan generation. Pokemon came out when I was a kid in the 5th grade, hence I am in what we call the Pokemon Generation. However, I grew past that and no longer feel an attachment, and so do the majority of people in my place.

Kids now a days have so much choice... and Pokemon isn't that hit it used to be. But that's all IMO.

5. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

But it can be supported by data...and the sales for the most recent games are clear, Pokemon sells well
    As for the new games, I'm shocked...but great! Just get Soul Silver and Heart Gold to the US please!

6. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

They announced the first new Pokemon a couple of weeks ago.

[​IMG]
    A pure dark type too, hopefully one with a bit of power behind it. I guess this is really happening aye!

7. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

Our copies turned up today. They're really damn fine so far, much faster paced and better than previous games. They actually throw some pretty decent pokemon at you early on into the game. I can definitely see why its got much better reviews than any other Pokemon game before it.

BRB whilst I sink 60 hours into it.

8. Watabou macrumors 68040

Watabou

I just picked up Black. Man, I'm so excited for this game. I can finally use my wifi connection when my 3DS arrives.

I also think the 3D graphics this gen is much better than the previous one. Diamond and Pearl's graphics were a bit bland but this is visually stunning imo.

I'm just on Route 1 now and I love how they walk together at first.

9. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

Just beat the um, main story (?) part of the game. Game Freak really pushed it didn't they! Superb final section.

Now begins the task of exploring the rest of the game. And watch out to those who have yet to get this far - they really amp up the trainer levels on those last routes!

And to transfer all my ~400 pokemons (dating back to Ruby! dems old) to the new game.