New replacement/4.3.3

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by mpossoff, Aug 4, 2011.

1. mpossoff macrumors 68020

Got another replacement and it came with 4.3.3

Before this replacement I jb'ed another replacement that came with 4.3.3 with jailbreakme.com. I was having issues so I restored it made an appointment at genius and got new replacement.

I want to jb this device. What jailbreak should I use? I'm not sure if jailbreakme.com was cause of issues or not?

What do I need to do when I jb and have to restore my iPhone for some reason to be able to restore back to 4.3.3?

Thanks

2. mpossoff thread starter macrumors 68020

Since I have a mac I read that pwnagetool is best?

3. ctyhntr macrumors 6502

ctyhntr

Did you have issues re-using jailbreakme.com with 4.3.3?

4. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Use Redsn0w. You won't have any problems. Pwnagetool creates a jailbroken firmware that you must restore to using iTunes. Redsn0w is less time consuming and just jailbreaks the firmware on the phone itself. No restore needed, much quicker.

5. mpossoff thread starter macrumors 68020

Thanks. After doing some research it looks like I should use iFaith to do my shsh. Is that correct?

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes.
    And go with Redsnow like said above.

7. mpossoff thread starter macrumors 68020

iFaith is updating it looks like. Can I jb then do iFaith or should I wait?

8. foxnews1 macrumors 6502

you can jb but be cautious of apps. install stable apps only.

I jb my 4.3.3 and still waiting for iFaith fix.

9. mpossoff thread starter macrumors 68020

Sice we both have 4.3.3 do we still need to download iOS 4.3.3 IPSW files?

Also I usually sell my iphones to someone overseas. Does redsnow offer an unlock?

10. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Not for an iPhone 4.

11. mpossoff thread starter macrumors 68020

This device is a new replacement. Jb'ed with redsnow. Doesn't seem smooth. Prior to jb it was smooth.

The other device I got replaced about 10 days ago I jb'ed with jailbreakme.com. Had same issues of iPhone not running smoothly.

However prior to the jailbreakme.com I had a device for a long time jb'ed with green poison and didn't have any issues. Had to get a replacement cause of home button issue. That device was on pre 4.3.3.

Is there issues with jb'ing 4.3.3 I wonder?

12. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

most likely is something you are installing w/ it.

13. Abs_p macrumors 6502a

Actually I never liked a 3GS running on 4.3.3 .. All my iPhones run much smoother on 4.2.1 .. And yeah it can be the tweaks u might hav installed :)

14. mpossoff, Aug 7, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2011

mpossoff thread starter macrumors 68020

Same tweaks I always had;

phone extension gv, sb settings, icallannounce. That's it.

I used redsnow because of issues I had with jailbreakme.com. People have suggested redsnow.

It seems after I do a hard reset it runs great, then after a while doesn't run as smooth.

My device that had greenpoisin I think was on 4.3.1, had to get a replacement cause of home button then jb'ed that 4.3.3 replacement with jbme.com. The jbme.com didn't run smooth, I restored it took it to genius they gave me a replacement. Just got this new 4.3.3 couple of days ago jb with redsnow and it has same issues, but after a hard reset it runs smooth but then doesn't?

15. Abs_p macrumors 6502a

U were on 4.2.1/4.1 coz that's what greenpois0n was for..

16. mpossoff, Aug 7, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2011

mpossoff thread starter macrumors 68020

Right with same cydia apps.

I'm wondering if jb with 4.3.3 isn't as stable? This is my 2nd replacement within 2 weeks both with 4.3.3

I guess I'll have to wait for iFaith update to come out and restore this device? I don't want to have to go back to genius bar again to get another replacement.

Also I noticed that when my cousin was using my iPhone he was watching some videos I saw in history. But I don't think that could cause it not running smooth?

17. mpossoff thread starter macrumors 68020

Any suggestions? Should I wait for iFaith update and restore?

18. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

why do you keep blaming the jb? You have installed various tweaks and one of them is the cause not the jb. Is clearly something you installed since it takes a while for the smoothness to go away; if it was the jb it would be always. Stop blaming the jb and find the problematic app.

19. mpossoff thread starter macrumors 68020

I only installed 3 cydia apps. I removed one so far.

20. iPhone 6 macrumors member

If you want it to run smooth and not have any great tweaks, restrore and use stock.

21. mpossoff thread starter macrumors 68020

The main reason I jb'ed was because of gv phone extension that works with native iPhone app.

So you're saying that jb'ing doesn't run smooth?

22. foxnews1 macrumors 6502

couple of weeks ago, I got a replacement phone with 4.3.3. my old one got the home button issue. it was laggy sometime also.

the replacement phone was jbed with jailbreakme and has been running smooth. no issue so far.

I don't install any tweaks that you have. the only tweak that I installed is the "fullscreen for safari". everything else is apps that you can find in apple app store.

my past experience with customized ROM and tweaks on window phones was not good. most tweaks do something but then cause/have issues. I try to stay from any tweaks unless it is necessary and proven. I try to keep my phone as close to stock iOS as possible.

23. mpossoff thread starter macrumors 68020

Like I said I installed 3 tweeks that were proven tweaks.

The only tweek that rocks is the gv phone extension. I make a ton of calls and this tweak works seamlessly with native iPhone phone app.

I'm not happy with this. It's either the tweaks or a bad replacement. Same thing happened with my other replacement so it looks like it's the tweaks. But I had the tweaks on my device that I jb'ed with greenpoisin and it was smooth as ice.

I just might do a restore and use gv app that I purchases from app store. Doesn't work like the cydia app but at least I'll be stock.

But the reason I want at least a 4.3.3 device is because I sell my device after launch to someone overseas.

24. Tech Elementz macrumors 6502

As you said, it's either the jailbreak or device. Try having a test. Run stock iOS for 1 week and see the "smoothness" of it. Then next week, use greenpois0n to jailbreak it and see the smoothness of it...

25. mpossoff thread starter macrumors 68020

This device is 4.3.3, I think if I use iFaith I can restore it back to 4.3.3?

I don't think it's device because this is my 2nd replacement within 2 weeks. The 1st replacement jb with jbme.com had same exact issues. Unless it's possible to get 2 bad replacement devices?