Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cosmos01

macrumors member
Nov 9, 2012
It's not as much protection as with a regular shield but it's not bad. I don't think it touches though. I'm not as concerned about it with the glas.TR as the shield is so strong.

Do you mind posting a picture when you have a chance?

WuMyster

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2010
Took a closer look at the glas.tr and there are long scratches across the whole thing basically. There's one which is about 3 inches long but their all very light and can be seen unless a bright light is directly angled to it. Surprising how this is rated as hardened steel (8H). It can't be me as I'm very careful with everything I own (OCD)

JS82712

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2009
Took a closer look at the glas.tr and there are long scratches across the whole thing basically. There's one which is about 3 inches long but their all very light and can be seen unless a bright light is directly angled to it. Surprising how this is rated as hardened steel (8H). It can't be me as I'm very careful with everything I own (OCD)

My Glas.T got light scratches all over it in ~ a month (I also treat my phone with great care); goes to show you the durability of spigen products. :rolleyes:

iproductsuser

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2012
I was cleaning my wife's GLAS.tR and also found light scratches on it. She doesn't keep keys in her pocket with the phone or anything either.

ThunderApple

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2010
You guys are running it along something. Don't blame the quality of Spigen because you scratched glass. I have had my GlasT.R since the day it was released and there isn't a single scratch on mine. I'm constantly wiping my screen and had no problems outside of having a hard time with the installation. Ordered a second one for future use during the BF sale.

whoRichard

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2012
I have nothing but good things to say about this product. Although it isn't the "r" version I purchased the Glas.t prior to knowing about the Black Friday deal :(. But otherwise that this thing is beyond clear. I can go as far as saying that I like the feeling of this more than the actual glass. The installation was nice and easy with the hinge method and steaming the hell out of my restroom. Good stuff SGP. I love mine. Best screen protector ever, no doubt.

ThunderApple

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2010
I have nothing but good things to say about this product. Although it isn't the "r" version I purchased the Glas.t prior to knowing about the Black Friday deal :(. But otherwise that this thing is beyond clear. I can go as far as saying that I like the feeling of this more than the actual glass. The installation was nice and easy with the hinge method and steaming the hell out of my restroom. Good stuff SGP. I love mine. Best screen protector ever, no doubt.

I tried the steam mathod in my bathroom and I still have dust.

May I ask how you did it exactly?

I steamed up my bathroom, turned off my water and then I tried installing it. Did you do it while the hot water was still running?

iproductsuser

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2012
I had the water turned off. You must still ensure you've done a final wipe before installation. It's not fool proof.

JS82712

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2009
What are you guys trying to say? That there is glass out there that wont scratch?

You guys =) ...

We never said that; this product simply scratches too easily, and even the original screen doesn't develop scratches until after months of use.

You must be one of those who tell people that it's normal to have a scuffed iPhone 5 out of the box :rolleyes:

----------

You guys are running it along something. Don't blame the quality of Spigen because you scratched glass. I have had my GlasT.R since the day it was released and there isn't a single scratch on mine. I'm constantly wiping my screen and had no problems outside of having a hard time with the installation. Ordered a second one for future use during the BF sale.

Oh it's that logic again: "if I don't have a problem with the product, then people who do must be using it wrong"

ProudLoz

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2012
Unless this product is made out of diamonds, expect for it to end up getting scratched at some point in your life.

ThunderApple

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2010
We never said that; this product simply scratches too easily, and even the original screen doesn't develop scratches until after months of use.

You must be one of those who tell people that it's normal to have a scuffed iPhone 5 out of the box :rolleyes:

----------

Oh it's that logic again: "if I don't have a problem with the product, then people who do must be using it wrong"

Oh look it's that logic again: "The product is defective to me so let's just blame the entire company and their product line."

I didn't say you guys are lying. I was simply putting it out there that it's stupid to make a remark of the quality of Spigen because of this.

It's glass. It's a screen protector. It's something bound to scratch sooner or later. You may think you might not have done anything to it but it's something that happens a lot to cases as well.

I have cases that end up having scratches on it yet I don't remember being rough with it. Unless if you're inspecting what you do second by second with your phone and the surrounding it's in, scratches are bound to pop up.

JS82712

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2009
Oh look it's that logic again: "The product is defective to me so let's just blame the entire company and their product line."

I didn't say you guys are lying. I was simply putting it out there that it's stupid to make a remark of the quality of Spigen because of this.

It's glass. It's a screen protector. It's something bound to scratch sooner or later. You may think you might not have done anything to it but it's something that happens a lot to cases as well.

I have cases that end up having scratches on it yet I don't remember being rough with it. Unless if you're inspecting what you do second by second with your phone and the surrounding it's in, scratches are bound to pop up.

If it's just a problem with mine, then fine, perhaps it's an isolated case, but if it's happening to several friends of mine who just purchased one not long ago, then that says something about the durability of this product does it not?

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden

----------

Well my glass.t hasn't scratched so I don't know what you're on.

whoRichard

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2012
I tried the steam mathod in my bathroom and I still have dust.

May I ask how you did it exactly?

I steamed up my bathroom, turned off my water and then I tried installing it. Did you do it while the hot water was still running?

So basically I just turned on the shower, and just let that get hot as hell. The steam was fogging up the mirror and you could honestly feel the moisture in the air. Thats when I began the process. First I made sure to wipe my hands down with the alcohol wipes that were included. Then I took the microfiber cloth and just wiped the phone down. For the first 3-5 minutes you'll see dust or whatever on your phone but you just keep wiping and wiping until you don't see whatever it may be on your phone for an extended period of time. Make sure your hair isn't above the phone because that may cause some flakes of whatever :p to fall onto your phone. Then once you see the phone is clean, check once more just in case hahaha. Then you can apply it using the hinge method.

Here's my phone btw. For anyone interested, it's a Best Skins Ever on the back, Glas.t on the front and some eBay bumper which I rotate with the Poetic Atmosphere. The reason why the edge of it looks like that is the glass reflection from the light. The biggest problem for me is the lint around the home button otherwise I am HOOKED haha.

photo1agw.jpg

photo2ywr.jpg

photo3av.jpg

----------

I just ordered in Black Friday. Hopefully it comes in soon. Can't wait. I am tired of the plastic stuff

You'll be DAMN happy that you pulled the trigger, I love mine.

daanhd

macrumors newbie
Nov 26, 2012
Today only, 30% off site wide sale. Use code: CYBER30 :) I ordered Glas.t'R', Alu home buttons and Neo Hybrid EX Metal Slate, nice combo!

jettrue

macrumors regular
Nov 1, 2007
Got it today. Meticulously installed in my cleaned, steamed bathroom, and had my hepa filtered vacuum cleaner running for a while as well. Install almost went perfect, used the hinge method, but I guess one tape was slightly off, and now the bottom by the button is slightly off. Grr. Not really enough to warrant the attempt at reapplying, but I may go ahead and order a replacement one in case one day it bugs me enough. With the button sticker it's kind of hidden as well. There's one microscopic speck that I guess is dust. Or hoping its a teeny tiny bubble. Can barely see it. Almost perfect! But the feel is awesome, and yay no fingerprints!!!!!

millerhifi

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2012
Los Angeles Ca
Got it today. Meticulously installed in my cleaned, steamed bathroom, and had my hepa filtered vacuum cleaner running for a while as well. Install almost went perfect, used the hinge method, but I guess one tape was slightly off, and now the bottom by the button is slightly off. Grr. Not really enough to warrant the attempt at reapplying, but I may go ahead and order a replacement one in case one day it bugs me enough. With the button sticker it's kind of hidden as well. There's one microscopic speck that I guess is dust. Or hoping its a teeny tiny bubble. Can barely see it. Almost perfect! But the feel is awesome, and yay no fingerprints!!!!!

Same thing happened to me. Not a speck of dust in between but the bottom is slightly skewed to the left. Hardly noticeable but of course it's bothering me that it's not perfectly centered. It's a bitch putting any screen overlay on a white iPhone and can't see the borderlines.

I ordered another the other day on the 40% off deal so perhaps I'll take another shot at it. I can't help being a perfectionist. :eek:
And I tried twice at the button sticker but it's pretty lame. Left it off.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.