Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JoeltheFrog

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 29, 2016
On iOS 9.3.2 on iPad Air 2
where to go for jailbreak?
I know to backup
Necessary tweaks?
Other pointers?
I play Warhammer 40k: Freeblade a lot; will jailbreak affect it?

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
On iOS 9.3.2 on iPad Air 2
where to go for jailbreak?
http://en.pangu.io/

Is your Air 2 a 32-bit device? The latest jailbreaks only work on 64-bit devices.

I know to backup
Good to know.
Necessary tweaks?
What is necessary to you? Other than those things the JB itself needs to have installed to work, what is necessary for you may not be what is necessary for me - although we may agree on some things.

Why do you want to jailbreak? What problem is it you are hoping to solve? If you cannot answer that then you really have no reason to jailbreak and dealing with the kinds of things that come with jailbreaking may be a burden to you.

Other pointers?
Do not add sketchy/pirated repos.
Do not install tweaks or apps you do not fully understand.
Do not install tweaks or apps that are not compatible with your device.
Do not install tweaks or apps that allow you to pirate software or make free in-app purchases.
Do change your root passwords if you install OpenSSH.

I play Warhammer 40k: Freeblade a lot; will jailbreak affect it?
Depends on if the app detects jailbreaking or not. Some games do. Sometimes you can get around that with either X-Con or TS Protect. Sometimes you can't.

StarkCity

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2013
California
This jailbreak is the worst I've seen ever....... Make sure you have a solid reason to do it. Like eye said, what are you attempting to gain? Let's keep it real, if your goal is just to see what jailbreaking is all about, then I personally don't recommend you doing it..... Other than that, I recommend you head over to the /r/jailbreak thread on Reddit and read up for a bit before doing anything

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.