New to MAC Gaming What RPG/RTS?

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by slinky1, Aug 9, 2008.

1. slinky1 macrumors member

Had my MacBook Pro since Jan 2008 .Wow what have i been missing.
    Want to get a really good RPG/RTS.The only game i've got is Neverwinter Nights 2 and thats great.I want to use the mouse and keyboard so can anyone suggest whats got great graphics and story line.I've seen some threads about Warcraft 3.Do i need to start with the original?
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated
    All the best from Merry England :confused:

2. punchkidz macrumors newbie

Hopefully they will fix the drivers so you can play DIABLO 2. However try these games:

- Civilization 4
    - Age of Empires 3
    - World of Warcraft
    - Warcraft 3
    - Command and Conquer : TW

3. Sijmen macrumors 6502a

Starting out with Warcraft 3 (skipping the previous two) is fine if you ask me. I did so and I could follow along nicely. Also I think the older two haven't aged that well—at least Warcraft 1.

4. slinky1 thread starter macrumors member

Warcraft 3

Got MacBook Pro 15'' Will Warcraft 3 Run and Look good and has it got a good story line and graphics ?:eek:

5. RedTomato macrumors 68040

RedTomato

WC3 ran fantasically well on my 4 year old Powerbook so I think it'll run well on your MBP :)

It ran well on my macbook too, tho i only tried it out for a little bit. There's a demo downloadable for sampling.

Lovely storyline. I agree with the above posters, probably not worth playing through the first two either. WC3 is totally self contained anyway.

6. tYsopz macrumors member

Starcraft is still the best RTS around. You might want to play with the gamespeed on something else than fastest though or you might be intimidated :p

You can get it from blizzard's digital store for just 15$ including the expansion.

7. elmateo487 macrumors 6502a

The original game Red Baron ran very well on my our PC back when it was released in 1990. For some reason i doubt it would work now on Vista. :D (in fact. Looked it up. It doesn't)

So his question is valid! Haha. Compatibility is lost in OS updates.

8. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Are you considering Boot Camp/Windows as an option for game time? :)