Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Read the rules firstly.

The mods like an ice cold one every 30 minutes or so...

Arn likes a foot massage every now and then but I'd avoid that one!

Don't upset the ladies with any sexist remarks they all bite!

But seriously just enjoy the forum, try to search before you ask as often most questions are already answered.

Lastly welcome to the mad house.

ap3604

macrumors 68000
Jan 11, 2011
Tips:

- Have THICK skin. Alot of the time you will post something that someone will say "WTF why did you search before posting this???"

- Search the forum for what you are looking for before you post a new thread about it. It has probably already been answered.

- Dont take arguments too seriously. Sometimes people blow up and have flame wars with each other but its really not that serious on here.

- And most of all... have fun. The people on here are awesome and are full of knowledge and great humor (example: Gav2k's response lol) :)

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
Welcome to the looney bin! :D

The posts by Gav2k and ap3604 are great advice. That part about having a thick skin is important. I used to get all upset if I was flamed - don't take it to heart. ;):D

A suggestion regarding Search. Instead of entering directly in the SEARCH FORUMS bar, try one of the following:

Click on Search in the bar with New Posts, Quick Links, etc. Use the Google search.

OR

Go to Google and enter "site:forums.macrumors .com" and then enter keywords or question. Works much better than the Search Forums bar at the top.

I'm still new here, and it is a great site! I can't tell you how much I have learned (I'm a computer newbie).

Also - a lot of fun! :D

macrumors 68000
Mar 14, 2010
Search before posting, as it may have been asked and answered hundreds of times. Think before posting, don't become a fanboy

AppleiPhones

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 5, 2011
Chicago
Like I said I'm new to the forums but not the products.
I'm not that kind of person that will start arguing about silly stupid stuff. Let's just leave it at that.
Thanks to all of the respectful people out there that replied, I appreciate it. Thanks

The iPhone only has one speaker.

Yea I know it has one one speaker and one microphone

And like I said I'm new to the forums. Not apple products. I got alot of the newer apple products like the ipad 2 and 3 iPhone 4s, and more. I'm new to the FORUMS not the apple universe
And to all, I'm not a fanboy

Last edited by a moderator:

benhollberg

macrumors 68020
Mar 8, 2010
Post threads in the correct forums, I don't think this thread belongs in "iPhone."

And like I said I'm new to the forums. Not apple products. I got alot of the newer apple products like the ipad 2 and 3 iPhone 4s, and more. I'm new to the FORUMS not the apple universe
And to all, I'm not a fanboy

There is a multi-quote button to quote multiple things in one post.

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
I'm new to the FORUMS not the apple universe

He actually was giving you forum advice.

In 2007 someone would start a "why aren't both iPhone speakers working?" thread about every 18 hours or so.

It became a huge joke pretty quickly. It's trailed off and it only happens every other month or so now. It doesn't happen as much, but it's still the quickest way to get the most hate-filled replies around here.

So when you asked for forum advice, that was honestly the first thing I thought of too.

EDIT: Oh, and my second bit of advice: Get an avatar picture. I honestly don't even try and keep all the non-picture people straight.

awadeee

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2011
Canada
Search first before asking, don't insult people who have a higher rank than you, don't make threads asking "should I buy an iPhone 4 now?", and don't spam. You'll survive.

Welcome to MacRumors. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.