New (to me) iMac delivered!

MacDaddyVibe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 19, 2017
Hello. I'm new. Be gentle.

So I took delivery on my iMac yesterday. Scored a mint condition 2015 27" retina version on Amazon for $1295. 1Tb Fusion drive with 8GB RAM. I was flip-flopping between this and a non-retina version for $800 on Craigslist but I'm glad I went this route.

The screen is absolutely gorgeous! I'm coming from a 13" MacBook Air as my primary computer so this is a big step up! Having the retina screen is definitely a must-have and I'm thinking there really isn't any going back to non-retina at this point. I won't be doing anything crazy on it like gaming or video editing. The heaviest lifting it will do is Photoshop for my photography. And I gotta say, my images never looked better! Gets me excited about the hobby all over again.

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself.

kdoug

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2010
Iowa City, IA USA
Hello. I'm new. Be gentle.

So I took delivery on my iMac yesterday. Scored a mint condition 2015 27" retina version on Amazon for $1295. 1Tb Fusion drive with 8GB RAM. I was flip-flopping between this and a non-retina version for $800 on Craigslist but I'm glad I went this route.

The screen is absolutely gorgeous! I'm coming from a 13" MacBook Air as my primary computer so this is a big step up! Having the retina screen is definitely a must-have and I'm thinking there really isn't any going back to non-retina at this point. I won't be doing anything crazy on it like gaming or video editing. The heaviest lifting it will do is Photoshop for my photography. And I gotta say, my images never looked better! Gets me excited about the hobby all over again.

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself.
Congratulations and welcome aboard! Great computer and a good buy, should last you for several years.

johannnn

macrumors 65816
Nov 20, 2009
Sweden
I also have the 2015 27" iMac, it's a beast! I hope you're satisfied with the fusion drive. And the RAM is super easy to upgrade yourself.