I am in the market to buy a new TV and would like some constructive feedback in making my final decision. The required specifications... 1. Screen size must be at least 55 inches. 2. Preferred brand is Samsung, but I might also consider LG or Vizio. However, in all honesty I would really prefer an Apple brand TV which I know presently doesn't exist but is strongly rumored to be in development. I might patiently wait for Apple's TV if reports are credible enough that it will be released in under 6 months. 3. Must have 3D support and Blu-ray resolution support. 4. Cost must very preferably be under $1000, but given a compelling enough argument, "maybe" I'll spend as much as $1500; but I would really rather not. Or I could save my money until Apple's TV comes out if it's released in under 6 months and costs under $2000 for at least a 55" set. 5. SmartTV features not required. Helpful facts to consider... 1. I sit about 5 to 6 feet away from the TV from my main lounge chair. 2. The mounted height of the TV will sit even with eye level in the upright chair sitting position; i.e. eye level is about even with the middle of the TV set. 3. The only interfering light source in the room is a pair of fluorescent tube lights that are 10.5 feet away from the TV and about 20 inches above the top edge of the TV. 4. The TV will have a Mac mini plugged into it via HDMI. So 99% of the time the use of the TV will come from the content stored on the Mac mini and navigating around the operating system thereof. The Mac mini in turn has an external Blu-ray drive plugged into it which I will use to watch 3D Blu-ray movies from through the third-party application Mac Blu-ray Player. The remaining 1% of TV use would come from Nintendo's latest game console if and when I decide to purchase a Nintendo game console. 5. Content wise, 99% of the time I will be watching children's animated TV shows from anywhere between 2 to 5 hours a day. The remaining 1% would consist of children's animated movies and classic blockbuster sci-fi action adventure films. 6. Regardless of the content, 99% of the time I'm going to have the lights on in the room while I watch the TV. I have enclosed four TV ads that look the most promising to me that I am under serious consideration in purchasing. Between these ads, there is a certain key trade-off I see to be considered: A 60" Plasma TV or a 55" LED TV Given all specifications and facts considered as I have explained, my educated impression is to go with the LED TV; but let's compare the pros and cons of the two proposed TV types that may or may not be true: 60" Plasma TV Pro. Bigger Screen Pro. Better Picture in a Dark Room Con. Worse Picture in a Bright Room Con. Burn-in Potential Con. Shorter Functional Lifespan 55" LED TV Pro. Better Picture in a Bright Room Pro. No Burn-in Potential Pro. Longer Functional Lifespan Con. Smaller Screen Con. Worse Picture in a Dark Room I believe that is everything notable to mention in this matter. I greatly look forward to some helpful feedback on this. Thank you.