New UK owners...what case have you chosen?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by helo, Nov 10, 2007.

1. helo macrumors member

I am browsing now, don't want my lovely new thing to get scratched/dented. Leaning toward the countour iSee at the moment.

2. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

I went for the clear plastic thingy, as the neoprene one gets caught on the fabric of your pockets.

3. tico24 macrumors 6502

tico24

I'm going naked. I'm yet to see a case that doesn't detract from the aesthetics of the iPhone's design.

4. emotion macrumors 68040

emotion

5. DogcowUK macrumors member

Settled on naked until my ivolution Top SP Holster arrives from Argentina... just being very careful/gentle with it!

6. sparkyms macrumors 65816

7. MrT8064 macrumors 6502a

MrT8064

i think theres no point in having such a fantastic looking phone if your going to cover it up...

your going to keep it for 18 months... so my suggestion, keep it naked in your pocket, and just dont put anything else in the same pocket;

ive been doing this for over a month now, and cant see any scratches

8. danielforman macrumors regular

Im keeping mine naked. I don't intend to put it in a pocket with change or keys so hopefully it wont get damaged.

9. SayCheese macrumors 6502a

I am going naked until I can find a case that doesn't detract from the asthetics of the phone. However I'm in no hurry to find that case.

10. Hustle macrumors 6502a

Keeping it naked. I have 02 insurance, so heaven for bid it got all scratched up, i'd go to central London and wave it around. :p

11. Cardy macrumors member

Revo iSkin in public, once we're home, we're both naked. :eek::cool:

12. *GG* macrumors regular

I feel the same way. I am confident that the front won't get scratched and scratches on the back are character building.

13. 00hkelly macrumors 6502

I'm going for the invisible shield, it worked great on my iPod so I'm hoping its just as good on this. Does anybody know if removing the back piece of the invisible shield does pull some off the lettering.etc. Off?

14. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

Power Support Crystal Film screen protector for the front and BestSkinsEver for the rest of it, both put on expertly this evening by my 13 year old son who has a very steady hand and excellent eyesight.

Looks perfect, and is now scratch-proof. I'm delighted! :)

15. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

I've had mine since June 29th and I initially had the incase..It is slim and provides protection but it scratched the bezel up something fierce. I've since taken the incase off as it also stretches out and have been going naked. I did the brushed metal treatment on the bezel which looks better than the original bezel imo. I seriously can't imagine ever scratching the screen or any part of the phone while running naked with normal, smart use. Mine looks as good as the day I bought it..just use common sense and care when throwing it in your pocket and you'll be fine.

16. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

You might want to rethink that. Some guy used the invisible shield and it marred the touch sensitivity of the screen. The video is on youtube.

17. smr macrumors 6502a

I'm using a Marware Sport Grip. It is the iLounge's highest rated iPhone case:
    http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/ipod/review/marware-sportgrip-smooth-silicone-protection-for-iphone

I'm also very pleased with it, and would recommend it for three reasons:

1) I'm not too bothered about scratches, but I find the iPhone a bit slippy without the case (which has a contoured back and has grip ribs on the side).

2) I think the silicone would help absorb some of the impact if, heaven forbid, I dropped it.

3) Finally, whilst the iPhone looks great naked, I would rather go incognito (perhaps a bit less likely to get it nicked!). I bought the iPhone for its ease-of-use and not to pose!

I have not bothered with the screen 'protector', I don't think the glass screen needs one.

18. Project macrumors 68020

Naked. The screen is not going to scratch with regular use.

19. 00hkelly macrumors 6502

could you possibly give me a link to this video I have looked around and can't find this video, all reviews I haveread have stated that there is no difference with the shield on and one review even said that they found it more responsive with the shield on. I also heard that removing the back of the shield caused the etching in the back of the iPhone to come off in one case, does anyone know if this is what happens to all of the iPhones when you remove the shield or if that was a one off?

Could the other poster please post pods of the brushed metal bezel. L

Thanks,

20. tombarnes macrumors 6502

tombarnes

21. Sobe macrumors 68000

Sobe

I'm not a new UK owner but I am on my 3rd case now and thought I would share anyway.

Agent 18 Eco iPhone Shield - $24.99

coupled with

Power Support Crystal Film Set - $14.95.

No, it's not like having a naked iPhone but coming from someone who has dropped their iPhone and marked it up on the top right hand corner, this combo offers a very nice compromise between aethetics of the naked iPhone and reasonable protection from scratches and dings.

Enjoy your phones

22. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Unfortunately, neither of these is available on the UK Apple Store. :(

23. caseys macrumors member

Oakley

While its in my pocket I keep it in an Oakley Sunglasses microfibre pouch!

So not only is it relatively safe (as long as I don't keep rocks in my pocket) it also gets a clean everytime.

Naked when it's out though...

24. The Phazer macrumors 68030

I'm going naked for now, but I'll pick up a slipcase eventually just for my pocket.

Phazer