new update out today...??

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by medicscott, Jul 15, 2010.

1. medicscott macrumors 6502a

medicscott

is it ok to update to it via itunes...im jb with spirit.

2. gwynne macrumors 68000

gwynne

It seems to me most of the JB community is focused on the iPhone 4 stuff right now, so I don't think anyone's posted about whether upgrading to iPad 3.2.1 is safe yet. In short, I wouldn't do it till an all-clear is given.

3. aluren macrumors 65816

I hope we get a comment soon. I really want this update for the wifi fix.

4. nixiemaiden macrumors 6502a

According to spiritjb.com do not update. It will break spirit.

5. spinedoc77 macrumors G3

spinedoc77

6. medicscott thread starter macrumors 6502a

medicscott

just saw that...thanks.

this new updates dont do squat...cmon apple!

7. aohus macrumors 68000

please don't spread misinformation. the 3.2.1 update includes the wifi fix.

8. nixiemaiden macrumors 6502a

On kind of a related note...I am jailbroken and want to install the update. I know it will make me not jailbroken anymore I'm just wondering if it would be better to restore and then do the update or if it will matter...

Also I have categories and categoriesSB installed and in use for all of my apps. Is this going to screw up? I mean I know that if it is not jailbroken anymore I will lose the categories I'm just wondering if it will delete the apps that I have in folders.

I know it would be better to just do a restore and then resync everything...I just don't want to take the time to do all of that if I don't have to.

9. Fidget08 macrumors regular

Fidget08

I wouldnt even attempt it until there is information from spirit. Otherwise you will lose all of your hard work!

10. Nahmeanz macrumors regular

I messed up and upgraded...any way to downgrade?

11. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

Yes if you have your SHSH on file with Saurik. Google for instructions to downgrade (look for iPhone downgrade instruction - it's the same for iPad). It involves making a small file change on your computer which you will use to restore your iPad.

12. WilliamG macrumors G3

I'm not sure I have an shsh on file. When I load Cydia it says I have a pending TSS request. It's been that way since Saturday...

13. atomicbatteries macrumors 6502

I messed up, I will have to downgrade.
    DAMM!
    COuld someone post a link, I did a search and I am getting restores from 2007???

No one out there?

14. ozblogger macrumors newbie

Any JB iPad/iPhone owner should know not to be tempted to update, before checking in with JB community.

I've been waiting to update my iPhone 3GS to 4.0, but until Spirit is updated to support 4.0 on new bootrom, I won't
    And now I'll be waiting for iPad too.

15. atomicbatteries macrumors 6502

Well thanks that was very helpful.

16. gwynne macrumors 68000

gwynne

No point being angry, lots of people have to learn this one the hard way (been there). I'd poke around in iPhone hacks sub forum instead, most of the info will be universal. (Just remember the regulars in there have zero tolerance for people who won't use google, people with entitlement issues, people with bad grammar, and often each other.)

Meanwhile, neither comex or musclenerd have said anything about the ipad update, so don't update unless you can stand to lose your jailbreak and all that goes with it indefinitely.

17. toolbox macrumors 68020

toolbox

Yes GUYS to NOT update!!! I did and it i lost all my customised apps etc. Spirit will not work after the 3.2.1 update!!!

18. atomicbatteries macrumors 6502

Do Not Update But If You Do< You Can Go Back!

It took me a while and with little help around here, except the finger wagging from ozblogger, which was just rude and not helpful, I was asking for help, not a lecture, but some people just can't help their pompous selfs.

If you happen to make a mistake like I did what I did was just restore it with the original software which you can get below, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO DO ANY SHSH restore or anything, at least I did not.

LINK TO IPAD RESTORE : http://www.paduser.com/thread-Download-iPad-Firmware-Files-All-Versions

I would if you can restore with the prior version of Itunes, it seems to work better but the latest version of spirit will work with 9.2. Then Jailbreak it again with spirit. Then you can restore with a prior back up if you did one in itunes or since I never found the backups to work really all that well, I just set it up as a new iPad and went from there transferring all my information right back on the iPad, i did it late last night and it was finished in the morning, all music, all apps, photos, all good. If you used a Cydia package backup you can use that to restore all your apps but if not then you'll have to reinstall all your apps.

And gwynne, I'm not angry, I'm disappointed that no one here took the 5 minutes it would have taken for someone to help me when I needed it and explained it like I just did.
    No Matter, what I am learning is this is no longer a real community of people interested in helping and learning, its a community of self interested whiners.

19. gwynne macrumors 68000

gwynne

I don't think anyone was intentionally withholding information from you, there just aren't a lot of knowledgeable people in this specific subforum. They tend to be in the iPhone Hacks subforum. (Although even there you are likely to just be told to google anyway.)

20. mgamber macrumors 6502a

mgamber

YES!!! FINALLY!!! I don't give a **** about jailbreaking if wifi finally works correctly!

21. leons macrumors 6502

Was able to downgrade without ssh on file? Can anyone else confirm, or was this a fluke?

22. Loki666 macrumors member

HA HA Well ****. I completely forgot I was JB and i did the update.

DAMNIT JIM

23. joshieca macrumors newbie

Ooops :(

24. Loki666 macrumors member

Well I got the IPSW back so now I have to decide if I want to erase and start from scratch

25. atomicbatteries macrumors 6502

I posted this in another thread. It was no problem what so ever.