Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scirica

macrumors 68020
May 13, 2008
Dallas, TX
Anyone tried backgrounder???? I know it says it's for the iPhone but hoping it works but don't want to download incase it wrecks my iPad :confused:

Multiple posts above you confirming that backgrounder is working. It is also working fine on 3.2 with the Spirit jb, so you should be fine.

dstunbound

macrumors member
May 29, 2009
Those of you who are saying it's working once you reset your network - are you all WiFI or 3g?

rikbrown

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2010
you said you "forgot" your wireless network? i RESET mine. go to settings and at the very bottom of the right pane hit reset and select reset network settings.

You're my hero - thanks so much.

For everyone else, here's what I did:

1. Go into Settings, in Safari, clear cache/cookies and set cookies to "Always allow" (maybe not neccessary but just doing it as other guides said so).
2. Then in General, at the bottom, press Reset, and choose Network.
[iPad will reboot itself]
3. Now go to http://jailbreakme.modmyi.com - slide and voila.

Hope this helps everyone.

Zodiak

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2010
Gatineau, Qc, Canada
Hell all,

Im on 3g at the moment.

I went into Settings and then Safari. I cleared my history, cache and cookies to cover all bases and turned Accept Cookies to Always and then I went to General - Reset and Reset Network Settings. My iPad rebooted and then I went to http://jailbreakme.modmyi.com and used the slider.

Despite all of what was recommended and I did, my iPad always crashes and then reboots. Any help?

Zephyr240

macrumors newbie
May 2, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
Hell all,

Im on 3g at the moment.

I went into Settings and then Safari. I cleared my history, cache and cookies to cover all bases and turned Accept Cookies to Always and then I went to General - Reset and Reset Network Settings. My iPad rebooted and then I went to http://jailbreakme.modmyi.com and used the slider.

Despite all of what was recommended and I did, my iPad always crashes and then reboots. Any help?

I'm getting the same problem :( on wifi connection

mds

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2006
You're my hero - thanks so much.

For everyone else, here's what I did:

1. Go into Settings, in Safari, clear cache/cookies and set cookies to "Always allow" (maybe not neccessary but just doing it as other guides said so).
2. Then in General, at the bottom, press Reset, and choose Network.
[iPad will reboot itself]
3. Now go to http://jailbreakme.modmyi.com - slide and voila.

Hope this helps everyone.

Unfortunately this didn't work for me. I'm on a 3G iPad.

biggy52

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2009
Tanzania (East Africa)
Jailbroke my iPad 3G 16GB

Hello,

Ive been hawking these forums since last night, when i had a problem and couldnt jailbreak my ipad 3g on 3.2.1 using the jailbreakme.com site.

Ive been trying various methods all day. Finally this is what i did and it worked for me, i hope it helps you all too.

1. Switch off the ipad
2. Remove your simcard. And keep it removed.
3. Switch on your ipad
4. Go to Settings > General > Reset Network Settings
4. Go to Settings > Safari and Clear Cookies and Cache
5. in Settings > Safari > Accept cookies to ALWAYS
6. in Settings > Safari > Block Popups (Disable it : Off)
7. Go to Settings > Wifi > in your network name, click the blue arrow and set DNS to 8.8.8.8
8. DONT GO TO THE JAILBREAKME SITE. Go to http://jailbreakme.com/_/ and click on the iPad 1,1 3.2.1.pdf and amazingly it started jailbreaking.

I know these steps are redundant to many others, i tried all of them in different ways all day, but doing it in this proper sequence worked.

I know people got the blank page on the pdf file, i did too all day, but this time it worked.

Cheerz

P.S i cross posted on 3 other threads on iPad hacks section , so those having problems like me, wouldnt miss on the solution. Sorry

MaxPower49

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2008
So has it been confirmed that this is working ok on all wifi ipads running 3.2.1? Are pretty much all of the problems on the 3G ipads?

The Reason

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2008
Hello,

Ive been hawking these forums since last night, when i had a problem and couldnt jailbreak my ipad 3g on 3.2.1 using the jailbreakme.com site.

Ive been trying various methods all day. Finally this is what i did and it worked for me, i hope it helps you all too.

1. Switch off the ipad
2. Remove your simcard. And keep it removed.
3. Switch on your ipad
4. Go to Settings > General > Reset Network Settings
4. Go to Settings > Safari and Clear Cookies and Cache
5. in Settings > Safari > Accept cookies to ALWAYS
6. in Settings > Safari > Block Popups (Disable it : Off)
7. Go to Settings > Wifi > in your network name, click the blue arrow and set DNS to 8.8.8.8
8. DONT GO TO THE JAILBREAKME SITE. Go to http://jailbreakme.com/_/ and click on the iPad 1,1 3.2.1.pdf and amazingly it started jailbreaking.

I know these steps are redundant to many others, i tried all of them in different ways all day, but doing it in this proper sequence worked.

I know people got the blank page on the pdf file, i did too all day, but this time it worked.

Cheerz

P.S i cross posted on 3 other threads on iPad hacks section , so those having problems like me, wouldnt miss on the solution. Sorry

followed your instructions to a T, 2 times, and still get the reboot loop...

still not working on 3G iPad....

biggy52

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2009
Tanzania (East Africa)
followed your instructions to a T, 2 times, and still get the reboot loop...

still not working on 3G iPad....

Im sorry, i can imagine how frustrating it is when it fails. Does it reboot when opening the PDF? because earlier my ipad rebooted only when i used jailbreakme site. It never rebooted using the PDF.

I hope it works....Sorry mate

Zodiak

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2010
Gatineau, Qc, Canada
Same for me except since im currently connected via 3g at the moment I could not follow this step.

But im also still getting the loop. Ive tried with jailbreakme.com with jailbreakme.modmyi.com and with jailbreakme.com/_/ AND ive also tried the email method using a computer to go to jailbreakme.com/_/ to find the appropriate pdf file and then email myself the link to the pdf which gave me the same result :(

biggy52

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2009
Tanzania (East Africa)
My happiness lasted a few minutes.

I installed AppSync 3.2 from Cydia. Restarted iPad. And its now on a reboot loop. Im restoring to 3.2.1 :(.

I hope my method works for myself again!

newdeal

macrumors 68030
Oct 21, 2009

Same for me except since im currently connected via 3g at the moment I could not follow this step.

But im also still getting the loop. Ive tried with jailbreakme.com with jailbreakme.modmyi.com and with jailbreakme.com/_/ AND ive also tried the email method using a computer to go to jailbreakme.com/_/ to find the appropriate pdf file and then email myself the link to the pdf which gave me the same result :(

LOL clearly if you are connected with 3G you didn't follow the directions that say to remove your sim card. Regardless it works great on the wifi ipad so I am sure they will update it to support the 3g one soon. I also hope someone puts a browser in the app store that leaves this vulnerability intact because I am sure Apple will patch it in a few days with a 3.2.2 release

Zodiak

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2010
Gatineau, Qc, Canada
LOL clearly if you are connected with 3G you didn't follow the directions that say to remove your sim card. Regardless it works great on the wifi ipad so I am sure they will update it to support the 3g one soon. I also hope someone puts a browser in the app store that leaves this vulnerability intact because I am sure Apple will patch it in a few days with a 3.2.2 release

Ive been trying to do this over my 3g network that ive stated two or more times before. Nothing had been said that it could or could not be done as your downloading the same data.

I followed the same steps as everyone but had to put my sim card in as it is my source of internet. I still tried the following through

1. via jailbreakme.com
2. via jailbreakme.modmyi.com
3. via jailbreakme.com/_/
4. by emailing myself the link from http://www.jailbreakme.com/_/iPad1,1_3.2.pdf and opening from the email
5. Even by emailing myself the iPad1,1_3.2.pdf file which immediatly tries to open itself upon opening the email and crashing my iPad.

What I dont understand is that its the same data I'm trying to download over 3g instead of wiki and in the case 5. I even had the pdf downloaded entirely from my work computer and emailed to my ipad so the data is all there.

But yeah it does not seem to work over 3g connection itself for some reason.

rikbrown

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2010
Okay right now I keep getting my iPad stuck at the Apple logo when respringing after installing MobileSubstrate...

EDIT: Nevermind, reset the device (home + power button for 10s) and sorted.

newdeal

macrumors 68030
Oct 21, 2009

oh well if worse comes to worse just stay at 3.2 I haven't noticed any real improvements in 3.2.1 I would say that until infinidock is updated I regret having switched from 3.2 because I had it set up so nicely. I just mainly did it to see if it helped with the slow youtube performance which maybe it did a little but not much

clovis112

macrumors regular
Nov 14, 2007
there are alot of people with 3G ipads that are having trouble. im on wifi only and it worked. maybe there is a fix being done by the comex.

mixvio

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2009
Sydney, Australia
This got lost in the thread:

After you upgrade to 3.2.1 and jailbreak again make sure you get app sync from cydia. After that just sync the apps back on from iTunes :)

I don't see anything on Cydia called App Sync. Is it something else?

Or is this the thing that only syncs pirated apps that are originally on the official App Store back to your computer? If that's the case, I don't need that.

I would, however, welcome something that backs up applications and settings obtained through Cydia. That would be fantastic.

but I'm really curious. Is there anything on Cydia that backs up Cydia apps and settings?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.