newbie expose question

Discussion in 'macOS' started by brianj, Jun 13, 2007.

1. brianj macrumors member

Hello!

Im a happy new owner of a MBP, I noticed that my F9/F10 keys arent dedicated to expose but some laptop specific option...What keys do I then press to get expose to show all applications?

Best regards
    Brian

2. atiffarooq macrumors 6502

atiffarooq

Have you checked under System Preferences and then Dashboard and Expose to see what keys are assigned to what function? This should let you re-assign the keys as you like.

3. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

It would normally be F9, but probably the best thing to do is decide for yourself which keys you want to perform which function – you can allocate your own keyboard shortcuts in System Preferences/Dashboard and Expose.

Even if you don't want to change from the default, you should be able to see here which keys are currently assigned to which task.

4. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

You can set it to whatever you want in System Preferences -> Dashboard & Exposé. (Edit: Way too slow :eek:)

I've always found mousing to Active Screen Corners more effective when dealing with Exposé, though, even if I usually prefer keyboard shortcuts to mousing... :)

5. dpaanlka macrumors 601

dpaanlka

If you hold down "fn" towards the bottom left of your keyboard, that flips the F9 - F11 keys from laptop-specific to Exposé. You can switch which set is default in System Preferences.

6. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

Try hot-corners. Much more convenient, for me anyway. I also setup the 4th (squeeze) buttons on the MM to invoke the "all windows" Expose.

my setup:

UR Expose All Windows
    LR Expose Desktop
    LL Expose App Windows
    UL Dashboard

7. brianj thread starter macrumors member