Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zabbadoo

Original poster
Apr 15, 2009
I've been a "newbie" on this site for 5 years. Doesn't that warrant some kind of prize?

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
I've been a "newbie" on this site for 5 years. Doesn't that warrant some kind of prize?

The "Posting Once Every 83 Days" award is on it's way.

:rolleyes: :D

Well, one doesn't have to participate in the bunfights over iPhones, and IOS 5 (and even, perish the thought, political & social discussions) along with some of the other, occasionally, rather ill-tempered threads to increase one's post count.

Why, I'll bet if you listened to (and learned from) what Shrink has to say on the coffee threads, (or threads where those of us who love the stuff can be persuaded that it is on topic for us to discuss coffee, its preparation, how to serve it, what grinder to use…..), - and then participated in these threads - your post count would magically increase. Even exponentially…..

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
I've been here since 2005 and all I got was this lousy T-Shirt.

white_tshirt.jpg

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
It is actually a turtle neck. ;)

Turtlenecks yes, o course, I stand corrected. And in fetching shades of comely black, most certainly.

However, while for cool climates, turtlenecks might be de rigueur for intellectuals, coffee shop habitués, and alienated youth and ageing hipsters….

…..perhaps (black) t-shirts are more appropriate for warmer ones.

These turtlenecks, (and I am nothing if not consistent in these matters as a true devotee of the concept of eternally wearing A Black Turtleneck) are they in wool (lightweight, but of course) or cotton (handpicked & handspun, ethical, organic)?

mobilehaathi

macrumors G3
Aug 19, 2008
The Anthropocene
Turtlenecks yes, o course, I stand corrected. And in fetching shades of comely black, most certainly.

However, while for cool climates, turtlenecks might be de rigueur for intellectuals, coffee shop habitués, and alienated youth and ageing hipsters….

…..perhaps (black) t-shirts are more appropriate for warmer ones.

These turtlenecks, (and I am nothing if not consistent in these matters as a true devotee of the concept of eternally wearing A Black Turtleneck) are they in wool (lightweight, but of course) or cotton (handpicked & handspun, ethical, organic)?

They are actually woven from the chin hairs of Andalusian mountain goats. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.