Next 3.0 beta release?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vilim12, Mar 25, 2009.

1. vilim12 macrumors regular

When do you guys think the next beta release will be out?, I have the current one and its a bit buggy sometimes. I want my alarm app to work flawlessy again and I hope that they fix that in the next beta release, I also hope the phone speeds up a bit. If my question is against forum rules then please delete my thread and PM me telling me that it was removed. Thanks in advance

2. basesloaded190 macrumors 68030

basesloaded190

they may not even send out another release. That being said, its completely up to apple when and if they are going to send out another one. I think they will send out a couple, but i can't imagine another one being out for at least another couple of weeks.

3. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

Of course they will!

4. vilim12 thread starter macrumors regular

I hope they do, I really want some of these minor bigs fixed. I cant stand not having an alarm, I was late to school because I didnt know that it wouldnt go off. Hopefully the next update is soon, thanks for the replies

5. Zorn macrumors 6502a

Zorn

It's more than just minor bugs, major features such as MMS and A2DP are non-working and the keyboard lags out completely after a while of usage. There's major stuff to address before they even get to the minor stuff :p

6. gnasher729 macrumors P6

gnasher729

This is a developer beta. It is to expected to break things. You are not supposed to install it on an iPhone that you actually use for doing things; you are supposed to install it on the iPhone that you use for software development.

7. jmccullough108 macrumors 6502a

jmccullough108

I think we needed a picture in that .PDF :rolleyes::rolleyes:

8. vilim12 thread starter macrumors regular

Yea keyboard gets annoying too. From what I understand is MMS is AT&Ts fault not apple, what is A2DP?

9. vilim12 thread starter macrumors regular

It works fine for a day to day phone, but its just some small simple things that need to be addressed that are keeping it from being perfect.

10. nfl46 macrumors 603

March 28, 2008 was when the second beta came out for 2.0. So, maybe the 28th of this month.

11. zookster macrumors member

You're kidding, right? We are essential testing it for free. Yes, I know, developer copy, yada, yada, yada. Reality is that we are testing, and many people paid $99 for the privilege. My guess, 2 more betas, and then 2 release-candidate type releases before July.

12. vilim12 thread starter macrumors regular

When did the first beta come out?

13. vilim12 thread starter macrumors regular

Hopefully your right, I cant wait to get 3.0 even more stable.

14. vilim12 thread starter macrumors regular

Its working good, but I wouldnt mind having it a bit better

15. efice32 macrumors 6502

Try deleting all of you alarms and recreating them. I had this issue too and this seems to have fixed it.

16. wil49 macrumors member

Its gona get better than BETA!!!! Have some patience. ;)

17. exhibit.b macrumors regular

March 6th...So it was 3 weeks until the second beta came out.

18. vilim12 thread starter macrumors regular

Damn, well its not too long then if it does come out in 3 weeks
    Its already been over 1 week

19. zapbryann macrumors newbie

zapbryann

am i the only one not having any major problems with the beta? aside from the memory management problems that cause it to be sluggish, im having no problems!

20. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

I went ahead and took the .99 cent plunge and bought MemoryInfo. It frees up tons of memory for it and it doesn't hang up anymore, as long as you run it every now and again to free memory.

Before SMS would freeze up a lot and the keyboard would hang in various applications. Now everything runs smoothly.

Memory management is definitely something Apple is going to have to address before public release.

21. gadgetdad macrumors 6502a

gadgetdad

I finally bit the bullet and upgraded. Other than sluggish, its fine for me. Beta is as beta does.

22. zapbryann macrumors newbie

zapbryann

yeah, i took the same plunge as well and bought FreeMemory(99c) after i updated to 3.0. def helps apps run smoother. about how much memory do you have free after a wipe? mine averages about 20-25 MB, and is significantly higher when i first turn the phone on (30-35). my roomate is running a jailbroken 2.2.1 and he usually has about 50mb free at a time. wondering if this just a beta thing or what

23. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

So here goes the test:

After the Wipe:

Free: 38.01 MB
    Inactive: 7.92 MB
    Active: 14.27 MB
    Wired: 28.26 MB

It really does help quite a lot.

Time since last full charge:

Usage: 30 Minutes
    Standby: 1 Hour, 10 Minutes

Battery Life: 98%

24. pugnut macrumors 6502a

Runs smoother after Carrier file update

I have a number of phones out with testers and noticed that the ones that did the carrier file updates, for the MMS off of Rapid Share, were more responsive and faster.

Just flashed another one and did not do the update yet, but will let you know. It may be worth doing

25. zapbryann macrumors newbie

zapbryann

hmmmm, you seem to be getting a little better results than me. im curious as to the memory stats for a phone running 2.2.1