Next Apple Announcment Event?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by cjenkins505, Jan 29, 2010.

1. cjenkins505 macrumors member

Ok Im not looking to get flamed like so many others do because so many live in their moms basement pissed off but when will the next Apple event be when they announce something new? I have heard of March but is anything confirmed?

Thanks

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Usually around March we hear what Apple has to say about the next iPhone OS. So yes, I expect something there, as usual.

3. cjenkins505 thread starter macrumors member

thanks for the quick reply that's what I was looking for.

4. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

And March would be ideal for MBP update (if there isn't a silent one before) and probably for iMac as well. Mac Pro, at least, will be updated around March as Gulftowns are released then

5. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

It will be silent. Apple didn't make a fuss out of the update to Mac Pros. They just did it.

6. Habitus macrumors 6502a

Habitus

My guess would be summer.

Habitus :apple:

7. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

Basically an entire desktop refresh, a la March 2009. I'm not so sure about the iMac though. Doesn't that seem a bit too soon? It would have only been 5 months since October, which seems a little short considering iMac's refresh cycle these days. Anyway, I do hope your right and I'm really hoping for a March announcement.

8. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

There will be another event as soon as the iPad starts to ship.

9. haydn! macrumors 6502a

Taking into account the way Apple introduced the latest iMac, MacBook and Mac Mini models late last year, I doubt we'll see another event until the Summer at WWDC for new iPhones.

Apple don't need events to introduce new MacBook Pro's (the only main stream line thats due a refresh) unless there is some amazing new feature/design. New chips won't be enough and the design is unlikely to change significantly, if at all.

There may be a small event to preview iPhone OS 4.0?

10. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Gulftown is scheduled to be released on 16th of March, so an update close to that seems logical.

Basically in terms of technology, all Macs can/should be updated as Intel has/will release new CPUs which offer great increase in performance and ATI has also released Radeon 5000 and Radeon Mobile 5000 series which both offer better performance as well and suits for all Macs. But as we know, Apple doesn't follow this protocol and they release something when they want.

I doubt the whole Mac line will be updated though. At least iMac update would sound more logical if it was later on like June (WWDC '10) but MBPs and Mac Pro needs an update before that.

We'll see...

11. MitchLewis macrumors member

MacWorld is February 9th-13th. Even though Apple isn't participating, there's a chance they will release a new product during the show. (at least that's what I'm hoping!)

We're waiting for them to release the rumored 12-core Mac Pro's. Cross your fingers.

12. Umbongo macrumors 601

Umbongo

Mac Pros on their own won't get an event, just a press release, but they will probably be the next product out.

13. Steelers7510 macrumors 6502

Steelers7510

iWork??

If there is this event in March, what are the chances of a new version of iLife/iWork?

14. Buzz Bumble Guest

Chances are for both are about 100% since March is when the iPad will hit shelves along with "iWork Touch", although it'll probably be a very minor event since they've already announced it. :)