Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alent1234

macrumors 603
Jun 19, 2009
not that i'll buy it, but LG just announced the thinnest cell phone ever

SJ must be foaming at the mouth

Popeye206

macrumors 68040
Sep 6, 2007
NE PA USA
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (BlackBerry; Opera Mini/5.1.21052/22.414; U; en) Presto/2.5.25 Version/10.54)

Why. Would apple release a cdma iphone 4 with iphone 5 a few months away?

Who said there's going to be a major change in the next iPhone? It could just be some minor structural changes, faster processor and new iOS features? If they fix the reception issue then the current iPhone is a good design... what else would you add? Change to liquid metal back? More cameras? Washer and dryer hook-up? More buttons to look like a Motorola phone? :D

I think the CMDA phone is important to Apple to get at more market share and they want it out ASAP. I personally don't think we'll see a major form factor change for a while. Better of what's there for sure... but major change... not yet.

eah2119

macrumors regular
Aug 20, 2010
So what's the story behind this one? Let me guess, it was left in a bar. lol

This is exciting. I wish I was the one who found this. I could sell it for big bucks, but I really wouldn't want to make Apple look bad and spoil the surprise for everyone.

Hopefully it's a Verizon iPhone 5!

Popeye206

macrumors 68040
Sep 6, 2007
NE PA USA
not that i'll buy it, but LG just announced the thinnest cell phone ever

SJ must be foaming at the mouth

With laughter I'm sure... LG phones? OMG... my girl friend has an LG smart phone... it's the worst one by far I've ever touched. The touch screen is pathetic. There'd have to be some big changes for LG to be a serious threat from what I've seen.

movieator

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2009
LA, CA
Is anyone else getting deja vu here?

This could be a number of things. An early iPhone 4 prototype, a Verizon specific (which would be odd for Apple to do) design of the iPhone 4, an early look at the iPhone 5 or 4S or whatever tweak, or it could just be a piece of a knockoff.

The cycle begins again. Again.

vincenz

macrumors 601
Oct 20, 2008
This is stupid. I was watching closely until the guy pointed out the lack of a hole for the rear camera. iPhone without a camera in the back? Yeh right. :rolleyes:

jacollins

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2010
How big does a CDMA antenna have to be? Is the new bit the CDMA antenna, or could they be reusing one of the "previous" antennas? How about LTE?

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
You're excused, but I'm not sure why you bothered to post on this thread if you're so disgusted.

Don't feed the troll...:rolleyes:

In regard to the original post here, not really sure what Apple is doing these days. who REALLY knows?
I find it very hard to believe that they don't already have the iphone5 all ready to go. But will it be totally different or just improvement?
Does it make sense for them to change the iPhone release schedule bec of the Verizon iphon?
This is gonna be a busy first half of the year... iOS update, iPad 2, iPhone(S), MacBook pro refresh, new iPad magazines, etc. PHEW!!!

Mattsasa

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2010
Minnesota
there is NO Way this is the iphone 5!
and highly unlikely that it is a cdma iphone!

could be an iphone 4 clone, or another unreleased prototype!

supmango

macrumors 6502
Feb 17, 2008
If it was anything more than an old prototype, or a fake, Apple would be screaming already to get it down.

bergmef

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2005
North East, MD, USA
Incoming storm of Verizon rumors.

I mean, I feel pretty confident the Verizon iPhone is on the horizon, but I like most other people are getting tired of hearing about everyone speculating on when it's coming, and I for one will just enjoy it when it actually arrives. :apple:

You should have been here during the G5 powerbook days.

joskewarez

macrumors member
May 29, 2010
omg, i'm soooooo excited about that!!!!
i saw a ribbon cable and a iphone case.. :confused:
who ********** cares about electronic parts of a crappy phone

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.