Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

epicrayban

macrumors 604
Original poster
Nov 7, 2014
http://www.theverge.com/2016/5/19/11715726/apple-flagship-store-opening-san-francisco-photos

The Verge:
Apple just revealed the future of its retail stores

tatJAk7l.png

You guys see this yet?

Absolutely beautiful. Many more pics in the link. I personally love it.

Tig Bitties

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2012
Yawn zzz... boring.

Who cares about Apple's new stores ? Of course The iVerge is reporting about it, the Apple owned tech site.

For the first time in years, I actually don't give a crap about a new upcoming generation of iPhone. It's just the same thing rehashed over and over now. Since Steve Job's passed ( R.I.P. ) the innovation and magic, and fresh ideas seem.gone, and now they just make a device to keep share holders happy, won't rock the boat due to being afraid it may hurt sales.

iOS blows compared to Android N

epicrayban

macrumors 604
Original poster
Nov 7, 2014
Lol. I don't disagree with anything you guys are saying.

Just thought this was interesting to share and discuss.
[doublepost=1463709928][/doublepost]
Cool, but what does this have to do with us "alternatives"?

True true. We can take the thread down. I've alerted the mods. Just thought it was interesting.

Last edited:

mi7chy

macrumors G4
Oct 24, 2014
Setup looks like the local mall Banana Republic with show room in the front.

bananarepublic.jpg

I'd rather the money is spent on updating the technology in the product instead of for show.

Plus, with China trying to ram our surveillance aircraft again repeating the 2001 Hainan Incident and causing hostility in Asia I'd rather vote with my wallet to buy Made in Japan/South Korea/Vietnam/etc. but China.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hainan_Island_incident

Last edited:
Reactions: epicrayban

epicrayban

macrumors 604
Original poster
Nov 7, 2014
Yawn zzz... boring.

Who cares about Apple's new stores ? Of course The iVerge is reporting about it, the Apple owned tech site.

For the first time in years, I actually don't give a crap about a new upcoming generation of iPhone. It's just the same thing rehashed over and over now. Since Steve Job's passed ( R.I.P. ) the innovation and magic, and fresh ideas seem.gone, and now they just make a device to keep share holders happy, won't rock the boat due to being afraid it may hurt sales.

iOS blows compared to Android N

Yeah. Maybe this is where Jon Ive has been spending his time and design efforts! Cause they certainly aren't in the rumored iPhone 7 design.

Reactions: Tig Bitties

SteveJUAE

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2015
Land of Smiles
Well apart from it looks like a Swedish furniture store meets tie rack :)

I can say I have only been in a few stores, Houston, London, Paris, KL, Las Vegas and spend the minimalist amount of time in them so it's all a bit wasted on me although I have contributed to them :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.