Next Generation

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by theapplefreak, Nov 21, 2008.

1. theapplefreak macrumors regular

Hey guys.
    I was just wondering what it would be different like for the ipod touch next generation in 2009. Probably...
    Well I just wanted to discuss on your opinions and what the ipod SHOULD change into next time they revise it.
    These are my opinions:
    1. Adding built in camera option with recording video (Of course)
    2. Louder speakers
    3. More sleek design to seperate from the design of the iPhone

For now, thats what I think they should change.

2. semin28 macrumors regular

camera on both sides. One for taking pic the other for video chating. Bigger screen , built in mic , better life , thinner , more colors , itv feature , 3g/edge , flashlight , copy and paste.

3. tMac85 macrumors 65816

tMac85

IPHONE!
    give me a break people...

i hope you were not serious.

and there are a million threads on this already.

4. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

Built in mic?
    3G/Edge?

Dude, it's not an iPhone.

5. semin28 macrumors regular

But I really want to play that ocean music app that u blow in your mic.

6. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

That's what the soon to be released headphones are going to be for.

7. theapplefreak thread starter macrumors regular

But it only works on the 2G iPod Touch

8. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

When they come out with a new iPod touch they will most likely make the two products compatible.

9. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

If you'll buy this 'dream' iPod touch you've come up with, why not just get a 2G then so that you can use it?

10. grandmachar2002 macrumors member

grandmachar2002

its hard to know. you only know your own needs

11. semin28 macrumors regular

I like the name. iPod touch dream .

12. sharp65 macrumors 6502

I think, or at least hope, hes just kidding. I can probably see two of those being implemented.

13. quick5pnt0 macrumors regular

On the next revamp of the Ipod Touch they're going to drop the touch name and call it the Ipod Think. It'll be based off a chip that you have implanted in your brain in which you can then "think" your way around the OS. It will automatically connect, via Apple's proprietary Inano technology, to the optic nerve so you can see what is on the "screen" of your new Ipod Think. Supposedly the screen looks like it is 10ft wide from 10ft away.

Unfortunately there will be some drawbacks. First off you'll need to goto your local Apple store to have a Genius implant the chip into your brain. Secondly it'll only include a one year warranty after which you'll need to pay for any comas induced by the buggy bio software of the Ipod Think...or Ithink as some will call it.

There will also be an Iphone counterpart. It'll cost six hundred and thirty two times as much but it's owners won't seem to mind because of the added GPS feature.

Sadly, still no copy-paste. :(

:D:D:D

14. TSE macrumors 68030

I personally think they are going to get rid of the 8GB, and have three iPod Touch models:

16 GB - $149, 32 GB w/ camera - $249$, 64 GB w/ camera - $349

Basically the same iPod touch, with a camera built in, louder speakers, better battery life, more memory, cheaper, and a more refined OS.

15. grandmachar2002 macrumors member

grandmachar2002

I agree with the sizes and the camera would be sooooooo cool:cool: I would drop att and get a touch instead

16. old-wiz macrumors G3

Bigger battery for longer life, especially usin wi-fi.

17. A N G E L macrumors member

A N G E L

Apple isn't going to be putting a camera in an iPod anytime in the near future. =P

The way Apple does their products is that if they see something that isn't necessary, they don't add it, or take it out. =]

Not my opinion or view on it either, it was stated by a developer of their products in the video of the new MacBooks. (Yeah, see for yourself)

So... a camera for a music player, highly doubt that'll happen.

Vice versa, I have friends that have some Samsung digital camera with an mp3 player, and they hardly ever use that feature of the camera.

18. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

At some point they'll make it even flatter, with an OLED screen. The OLED screen eliminates a backlight and lowers power consumption. They'll add working Bluetooth 3.0 with lossless compression and phone/gps/etc., pairing as well as dual headphone pairing.

In 2012 it'll come rolled up in a pen sleeve. It'll work for simple music play while still rolled up, but you scroll it out to reveal a 4" x 6" membrane OLED screen for video, email, photos, and any other visual info.

Neither will resemble the iPhone any more.

19. iLoveMyApple macrumors 6502a

iLoveMyApple

I'm ALL for the camera! I have a first gen iPod touch and I'm not getting the new one cause knowing :apple:, they'll surprise us with something good!

20. semin28 macrumors regular

ha 2012.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/iphone/sony/2012/trailer1/

21. Ilovemyipod macrumors regular

Ilovemyipod

$$$

there might not even be one the way the economy is looking like right now...:p

22. theapplefreak thread starter macrumors regular

hahaha. same here. im waiting till next year. they'll probably have another awesome ipod touch or somethin. haha

23. semin28 macrumors regular

How about we bring the nano colors to the touch? Cuz I'm sick of the pretty to look at but gets messed up in a second back .

24. theapplefreak thread starter macrumors regular

Oh yeh they should add colors

25. dckj95 macrumors member

if they add all these awesome features to the touch, then the iphone will not have anymore 'premium privileges' except being able to make calls and text messages. then who would buy the iphone?

if there was an ipod touch with all tat features, i personally wouldnt ever get a iphone. :D