Next iMac update...not the kind of post you think!

Discussion in 'iMac' started by andrei.barbuta, Jun 23, 2011.

1. andrei.barbuta macrumors regular

So, I really want an iMac 27" 3.4 maxed out, SSD and everything. The problem is that I'll probably have the money in about 6 months.
    My question for you guys who may know more about Intel's roadmap and everything is that what can we expect from the next iMac update, and when should we expect it.
    To be honest I am hoping that in Jan - Feb there will be a speed bump for the iMac or maybe a drop in price for the SSD option.
    If that is the case then I'll wait 1-2 months to get the updated version. More power for same money, or same power as 2011 version for less money. I know the argument that if I need it I should get it. I can;t speak for certain now, but I can maybe hold out 1-2 months if a minor update is expected.

What do you guys think?

2. AbeFroman77 macrumors 6502

Keep your pants on. Wait for 6 months and ask again.

3. kioshi macrumors member

kioshi

I don't think Apple wlll deviate from its annual update schedule.

4. John T macrumors 68020

John T

I often wonder why some have such a fixation on updates and getting the absolute latest.

If you need (not want) a computer, get one that suits your requirements. If you can't afford it, wait until you can. Surely not a difficult decision to make?

5. philipma1957, Jun 24, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2011

philipma1957 macrumors 603

philipma1957

A minor update in 1 or 2 months for iMac is the most unlikely thing I have heard in a while. Waiting 1 or 2 months is still correct.

1) 2011 refurbs should start to show up

2) lion should be out

3)t-bolt should be out

4) if t-bolt boots an add on ssd would be easy

http://www.adorama.com/SNTF2640M5.h...ping Site&utm_campaign=Other&utm_source=gbase

this is coming in a t-bolt option

http://www.digitalstripe.com/thunderbolt/sonnet-thunderbolt-products-at-nab/ it is reason to wait

6. Sirmausalot macrumors 6502a

Sirmausalot

I would imagine the optical drive will be gone within a year. If you want the DVD burner, grab one now. If not, wait until you have the cash.

I would hope that a small OS SSD would be standard, but that's about 25% chance IMHO