MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

162721-movistar_iphone_4.jpg

Actualidad iPhone reports [Google translation] that Spanish mobile carrier Movistar has issued a series of tweets indicating that the iPhone 4 is set to launch there on Wednesday, July 28th.

While we can't say for certain that the announcement is anything more than speculation, as the Movistar representative does say that there is "no guarantee", the tweets do suggest that the device should be available by that date barring any unforeseen news or issues receiving stock. Furthermore, the representative notes with tongue in cheek that not even Steve Jobs knows the pricing information yet.

Apple launched the iPhone 4 in the United States, UK, France, Germany, and Japan on June 24th and has announced that it is planning to launch in an additional 18 countries "by the end of July": Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, New Zealand, Singapore, South Korea, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.

Article Link: Next Round of International iPhone 4 Releases Set for July 28th?

RonHC

macrumors 6502a
Apr 27, 2010
haha i remember i wanted to unlock my iPhone 3G on Movistar

Comment

topmounter

macrumors 68020
Jun 18, 2009
FEMA Region VIII
That date works for a white iPhone4 release right?... that is it's after the 30-day window for returning your pre-ordered black iPhone4 so you can get a white one.

Comment

bananas

macrumors 6502
Aug 1, 2007
I hope they are sold directly from store.apple.com or how else could it be available simultaneously in all those countries.

Comment

laxic

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2009
I just want the white iPhone 4 available to pre-order :(

Comment

ariza910

macrumors regular
Oct 19, 2002
So Cal
This is pretty cool of MoviStar to do. I wish more corporations would use Twitter this way.

To loosely translate the tweets the second one asks what if the date is not guranteed do you still want to know or should we wait until its a firm date?

The last one says by an overwhelming vote, if there are no delays, issues with stock or other issues the phone will be release July 28th, not even Jobs knows this :)

Comment

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
they already cant keep up with the demand, why add new countries already

my telekom store in germany got 2 freaking iPhones this week!!!

thx god i have mine already

Comment

DesignerOnMac

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2007
An iPhone costs

$1,000 here with a 2 year contract! Not going to happen for me, at least not for now.....

Comment

colem1

macrumors member
Nov 30, 2009
what about the 23?

In canada, that day is rumoured blocked for the big three and apple employees

Comment

SkottDMD

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2007
Canada
This is pretty cool of MoviStar to do. I wish more corporations would use Twitter this way.

To loosely translate the tweets the second one asks what if the date is not guranteed do you still want to know or should we wait until its a firm date?

The last one says by an overwhelming vote, if there are no delays, issues with stock or other issues the phone will be release July 28th, not even Jobs knows this :)

If that's actually what's he's trying to say then, I wouldn't put too much stock in any of this. If Steve Jobs doesn't know, then I think it would be fairly obvious that a carrier wouldn't know. As far as I know, Apple has been the hold up in terms of announcing specifics in terms of the July launch in other countries.

Comment

hfletcher

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2008
UK
How can they release in MORE countries if they barely have enough iPhones in stock at the moment?? There's a 3 week wait time for ordering from Apple UK Online store....

Comment

VicMacs

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2003
Dominican Republic

At the end about jobs theyre saying as a joke that not even Steve Jobs knows the PVP (Price for the Public)

Comment

LastZion

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2006
Can't wait to buy my unlocked version from Apple here in Canada... hurry up lets ups Pre order!!

Comment

Jack Lithian

macrumors member
Mar 31, 2010
Antwerp, Belgium
So 2nd half of July is the 28th...
Well I think I'll wait a while to buy one. Want to see how the reception problems will work out on the networks here. Not to mention the proximity sensor thingy.

Comment

z4n3

Jun 2, 2008
I hope this is true!!! :D sure looks legit

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-07-09 at 12.13.33 AM.png
    Screen shot 2010-07-09 at 12.13.33 AM.png
    38.9 KB · Views: 121
Comment

ikaveh

macrumors regular
Nov 2, 2008
here
This is ridiculous. Today I asked for an iphone 4 in apple store in Paris and they said "ALL THE IPHONES WERE SOLD OUT THE FIRST DAY 24 JUN, AND SINCE THEN THERE ARE NO IPHONES IN APPLE STORES IN FRANCE". I got shocked and upset :( :mad: :eek:
Dear Stupid Apple, you can not even make enough supply for current 5 countries, how the hell are you going to expand your service??? :confused: :mad:

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.