Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MDomino

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2012
Fml.
But does it actually state "Sold out" somewhere?
I just see that the 8GB version is live and the 16 GB version is "available soon" (in Germany that is), does that really mean the 16GB version is sold out? Or maybe it goes live a bit later than the 8GB version?

Edit: Ok, 8GB switched to "available soon" now as well. Wtf? I only took a shower and before it was not available yet (16GB) and after the shower it is sold out already... :(
Plus, why didn't Google send us an email notification?

THE JUICEMAN

macrumors 68020
Oct 3, 2007
the playground is not open Google....lol

I know I am going to sound like "one of those people"

but i just called google play device support.

They said 9AM US pacific time. That means 12 PM Eastern boys and girls. That means I am going to have a fun lunch break. Good night!

Last edited:

steviewhy

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2011
15 minutes ago (9:10 CET) and now the 16GB model is sold out, also sold out in UK and Germany.

Thanks for that. I guess Canada/US will be sometime between now and 12:00 EST. I'll take my chances and catch some zzzz's.

MDomino

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2012
Apparently there were massive problems during purchase in Germany.
Tons of server errors and even if you had managed to make it successfully to checkout after several attempts, it just dropped the order in many cases. And then after 15 minutes it was all over...

No official statement from Google so far.

Here's a short (german) article about the problems:

http://www.golem.de/news/google-nex...-server-problemen-ausverkauft-1211-95677.html

daveathall

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2010
North Yorkshire
I was going to be one of the early adopters, seems like that decision has been taken out of my hands. I did register an interest and was expecting a e mail but nothing came.

Dr McKay

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2010
Kirkland
Tried to buy it, encountered tonnes of errors, the checkout page dropped and no my cart is empty. Now it says the Nexus 4 hasn't been release yet for me.

This is beyond a joke, this is why I order from Apple over the phone. Something I can't do with Google.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:

Jibbajabba

macrumors 65816
Aug 13, 2011

Nachtrag vom 13. November 2012, 11:33 Uhr

Leser von Golem.de vermuten, dass die neuen Nexus-Modelle nicht tatsächlich ausverkauft sind, teilweise nur als ausverkauft angezeigt werden. Wer die Webseite ständig neu lade, erhalte irgendwann möglicherweise den Bestellen-Button. Unter Umständen erklärt das, warum uns das Nexus 10 vorübergehend als verfügbar angezeigt wurde und dann wieder weg war. Beim Nexus 4 gab es das Phänomen nicht. Prinzipiell bestätigen lässt sich die Vermutung derzeit allerdings nicht.

We did have the same in the UK with the Nexus 4 too - I had the issue that the phone "appeared" every second refresh but adding it to the basket failed - I am shocked how bad this is - there is me selling my iPhone and now the guy who bought it is laughing at me ... I know I will get one eventually - just hope the prices stays where it is .. even if it means waiting ..

Did anyone call the Playstore yet ?

Edit: hung up after half an hour in the queue - the queue does say that Nexus 7 pre-orders start shipping in July - WTF ?

Last edited:

Vitrum

macrumors regular
Nov 7, 2012
You guys think i will be able to purchase in december when im in the states ? Or should i try to order now as soon its online on google store ?

Didnt think it was going to be sold-out on day 1 lol

Dr McKay

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2010
Kirkland
Now I find out that the Nexus 4 is now sold out in the UK. For **** sake, I had it in my basket 5 times, each time the purchase failed due to an error it emptied my basket.

I was excited at finally giving Android a try, and thanks to Googles incompetence I have to wait.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.